Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday

1. Where are all of my weekends going? I know that the craziness is coming starting about mid November and yet every Monday, I go, geez, I got nothing done.

2. I am such a freakin klutz, I fell down my friend Emily's stairs for no apparent reason, but didn't get really hurt. However, my shoulders are incredibly sore now, which adds insult to slight injury. Not fun when you type all day.

3. ON a happy note, I found out that Pyrex does not break when it falls down the stairs with you.

4. Is it just me, or are everyone's kids horribly behaved right now? Don't they know Santa is watching?

5. Any ideas for getting my kids (ok, mostly Emma) to pick up their toys? Nothing seems to work. I gathered up an entire laundry basket full of toys that were on the floor of the laundry room and play room and took them away this evening. We'll see if that has any effect.

6. My shopping is 95% done and I just have to wrap, which I used to love to do. I always had nice ribbons and bows and curlies. This year if you get it taped closed you're lucky.

7. The remaining 5% is due to no fault of ours. Ethan wants a particular train table which we ordered last week for a good price. Well, this Monday we get an email that Step 2 didn't manufacture enough of them and our order may not be filled. So 4058 frantic internet searches later, I think I found one at Home Depot. We'll see if the order is filled. Everyone else has them out of stock, so the elves may delay the gift til after Christmas.

8. The change in price from our good deal to our not so good deal leaves me with more money I now have to spend on Emma. It's spiraling out of control.

9. I, like Neurotic Attorney, am not looking forward to the office move. Complete cluster.

10. "Where are you Christmas?" is my theme song for now. I'm waiting for the spirit to come to me. It always does, it just seems like it's taking a while this year.

OMG, I almost forgot my excitement for the week!!

Special #11! I'm going to the Bowl Game!!! Whoo whoo.

7 comments:

CBRESQ said...

11 eh, I guess we will allow it since you are going bowling:) Good for you. Hope your Christmas prep gets less hectic. I would love to be 95% done with shopping -right now I have only purchased one present - I must do some serious shopping soon.

Neurotic Atty said...

My parents and older siblings would always pull the old "That's it! I'm calling Santa!" trick and would pick up the phone and pretend to dial (calling our own number). Totally worked...clear up until I was about 8. Yeah, I was kind of naive, what about it?

Jonathan's Mommy said...

We're in the same boat, Jonathan has been HORRID. I'm sorry yours have been bad, too, but at least I know I don't just have a bad seed.

That train table looks really cool! Hope the order gets filled!

Paula said...

Well why don't you ask the folks at my book club or the folks at barnes and noble or the folks at church or the folks at Mario's Pizza..wait, don't...I a school counselor, I am supposed to help people with their kids!!
Anyway. Miranda used a kitchen timer..whatever did not get picked up go put away. I think helped Braylon to SEE the time ticking away...

Jenny said...

My mom always threatened to bring in a trash bag and whatever wasn't picked up would get tossed- I'll be honest, this worked on Evan, but not on me. Good luck!

Susie PSU said...

I tell the kids that I can email Santa, AND we have an Elf on the Shelf, AND we use the trash bag threat...
If you figure out the secret, patent it. I'll buy it!!

Kimberly said...

Well since mine is soooo good about picking up her toys, i've got nothing! Yay you for getting to go to the bowl game!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.