Tuesday, September 9, 2008

10 on Tuesday

Hola, I'm back to the grindstone...I'll be uploading vacation pics soon, basically as soon as I relocate the camera. I swear I've mostly unpacked but I've misplaced the camera as of now.

1. My thoughts of coming home to a clean house were ruined approximately 6 seconds after we walked back in the door.

2. We really should have listened to the locals who said that Hurricane Hanna would be no biggie and stayed rather than driving home and getting there at 1:30 am.

3. I am disappointed in the Eers of course but feel we'll come out of the season no worse than 9-3. I'm predicting 10-2 and Big East champs again, but I'm hoping for 11-1.

4. All I can say is at least we're not the ACC. Pathetic as usual, haven't won a BCS bowl in I believe it's 9 years now. No wonder the Jokies won't play us anymore.

5. My patience today is thin at best. People should just not test me.

6. I'm really hungry and really not wanting my Lean Cuisine but I shouldn't spend the money to go to eat today, although I'm so wanting to right now.

7. I'm so lazy that I don't want the lunch I brought but sheer slothiness is keeping me in my chair. I don't know if slothiness is a word but I totally think it is and I was an English major so there.

8. I turn 30 in 3 days. I'm depressed. I think I'm so far from where I thought I'd be in some ways, but in other ways my life is better. Weird.

9. I still don't really feel like an adult most of the time, even though I have an education, debt, a mortgage, an SUV and 2 kids. I think I feel about 21.

10. I know 3 people who had babies in the week I was on vacation. It must be a boom!

6 comments:

Paula said...

Welcome to the 30's club...I just arrived last friday (the 5th) it is interesting to say the least.

Neurotic Atty said...

Well, if you're feeling 21, you might as well start doing happy hour with me on Fridays! The LawDude can watch the Twinkies for at least a couple of beers!

Kimberly said...

Welcome back!!! Can't wait to see your vaca pics!

CBRESQ said...

I still got a bit before I am in your little club, but after living through it with Rick, I feel like I am already there. So, don't be depressed, it is just a day and a number (you could still pass for younger anyway:) Happy Birthday - and if you can still drink like you were 21 then I will believe it.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I'm running on low patience, too. Mine is from a three year old so I imagine that yours is even thinner seeing as you have TWO three year olds.

Looking forward to seeing the vacation pics! Lara's idea about fighting the 30s is a good one--a couple of beers can give you a new perspective :)

Susie PSU said...

Happy Birthday a day early! Go out for the beer...and convince someone that it's your 23rd birthday!!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.