Monday, September 15, 2008

Things I cannot believe I actually hear...

So, kids are in the tub the other night, and since they're way past maximum wrinkle capacity, Michael goes to get Ethan out, only to find that he's standing up peeing. Nice. He calmly explains that he and Emma were making "pee pee water fountains." Great. How do you discipline a kid when you're laughing so hard that you're crying? Cause I so was.

Another instance of 3 year old logic...it's an hour past bedtime and things are still rough and rowdy in Twinkie room. Michael takes his turn to yell at them to go to sleep, and Emma explains (as she and Ethan are wearing pillow cases on their legs) that they're mermaids. I guess mermaids don't sleep.

The bedtime travesties continue in Twinkie land, as sleep seems to be optional to them, and cannot occur without a flashlight, Bunbun, Lovie Bear, Butterscotch the saved from the yardsale bear, the proper blankets, and books. So one night Emma, who believes sleep is wholly unnecessary, actually fell asleep first. This irritated Ethan to no end, so in a bit we hear Emma crying. Ethan's explanation? "Emma was asleep so I poked her in the eye til she woke up."

Sometimes I think life with three year olds is like a Road Runner cartoon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so hilarious.. I'm laughing so loud folks in the office probably think I'm crazy!!

Neurotic Atty said...

"I poked her in the eye until she woke up." Now those are words to live by! I guess it doesn't really matter, then, if Emma is the waker or the wakee -- she's in for a little physical abuse. LOL. Poor kid!

Cheryl Lage said...

Priceless! Love how they take such liberties. :)

(And really, while I try NOT to laugh at egregious offenses, pee fountains certainly merit at least a good giggle! You're entitled!)

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Poor Emma! I would not be happy if someone woke me up that way!

Kimberly said...

If they are making pee water fountains already, what will they do in college! HA!

Katie said...

Thanks for the laughs with this one. I love that they both calmly explain everything like it makes perfect sense!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.