Sunday, October 19, 2008

How to tell if your kids are spoiled

Ok, I'm a bit embarrassed by this ridiculousness, but I knew you blog readers out there would get a kick out of it. While we were at the beach, we visited that money pit known as Build a Bear with Emma, while Ethan went to the slightly less expensive "boy" version called Ride Makerz. Our creation there is named Purple and she is complete with bear purse, bear panties, bear shoes, a shirt and skirt...and a full on Snow White costume. So, of course, we had an issue...Purple has a Halloween costume but Butterscotch, Ethan's saved-from-the-yardsale best bear bud, needed one. That's how you roll when you have two kids, folks. So MawMaw went on a quest at Build a Bear and found a Spiderman costume.

Excuse the kids, they're a bit ragamuffin like in these pics...




Purple, Butterscotch and in the corner, Lovey Bear, the other best bear bud of Ethan's.


And of course one without the mask...


This ranks right up there with the Great Pony Box debacle of '07. And I sink a bit further into "idiot parent" quicksand...

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

OMG that bear looks hilarious in that spiderman get-up! HA!
And don't even get me started on the 7th circle of hell, otherwise known as "build a bear!"

Paula said...

That is a really funny Spiderman costume. It is really hard to find a good balance....

Neurotic Atty said...

Well, I hate to say it, but I probably would've felt bad for Butterscotch, too... And Poor ol' Lovey Bear looks VERY loved indeed! :)

Anonymous said...

You Crack Me up! Will and Mike built a car at Ridez Makers at the beach this year. Will had a blast! We are having a Halloween Part at church on Friday for kids and adults. Should be a blast. Call me if you want more info!

CBRESQ said...

I am learning from you kid. I know now from the My Little Pony problem to never throw away any toy part because someday I may be held accountable. I like the spiderman costume very much. Good save.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Jonathan is totally going to be a brat if I'm not careful! It's just too easy to spoil him and I ENJOY it! Maybe they can be in group therapy one day :)

I think that costume is adorable!

Susie PSU said...

Yeah, everytime I throw away a toy I pull the "I have no idea where it is...somewhere here in all your JUNK..." and they usually shut up about it because they see they DO have too much junk.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.