Tuesday, March 24, 2009

10

I'm doing a new kind of 10 today, because, well, I can, and I've been a bad blogger lately...

Mine:

1. My stinking camera crapped out on me. Argh. So I need a new decent and cheap camera. Suggestions?

2. I love that the weather is warmer but seriously, 30 degree mornings are killing me.

3. I don't think I'm going to find the person who hit my car last week and then drove off without leaving a note. The people who are supposed to be checking parking lot video haven't been returning my calls anymore. That does not bode well. What are the chances they got a video of the car's plate anyway?

4. I am secure in the knowledge that their car HAD to be damaged more than mine, since I drive a giant tank and it has a big ole dent. I hope their bumper falls off.

Emma's:

5. God has cursed me with a child who dawdles more than my mother, which I thought was impossible. I am not a patient person and am always in a hurry. I think she was sent to slow me down, because that child does NOTHING fast.

6. Emma's favorite "annoy your brother" pasttimes are bear hugs and hand holding. Now that's passive agressive if I've ever seen it.

7. Emma won a trophy this weekend and she now thinks the "gold angel" on top is the greatest thing ever. I had to pry it from her hands for church this week.

Ethan's

8. Ethan is obsessed with the new Hot Wheels color change cars. They change in hot or cold water, and he has a nightly ritual of a bucket of ice water on the side of the bath to change them.

9. Both kids are obsessed with the ridiculous Fox show HOle in the Wall (sundays at 7 generally). They always pretend to play it and "win" $5000. I have no idea why 5000 but that's what they win. Ethan says if he really won that much he'd buy ALL of the color change cars.

10. Ethan was particularly impressed by Emma's naming of some of the Thomas trains the other day. His response to her? "Emma, you're so pretty. You're so special..." It was a miracle.

5 comments:

Paula said...

That is so funny about the hand holding.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

1. No suggestions for you. I got a new one for Christmas but I'm not loving it.

3 & 4. The video surveillance from when my car was hit didn't show anything either. I only had to pay $300 for a repair, though, and it sounds like yours is a lot worse :(

8. I have not seen the color change cars. Jonathan would LOVE those!

Susie PSU said...

What little it takes to impress a brother - naming the trains. I wish we were still so lucky here! I hope he always loves her so much.

Kimberly said...

OMG, I love the hand holding comment! TO funny. And i bet the person that hit your car was from Wayne Co. They are worse than those Boone county peeps! HA!

CBRESQ said...

Sounds like things are busy at your house. I guess there are worse ways to annoy a brother than hand holding, it is pretty funny. I hope you find a camera you like - Rick has a Nikon Cool Pix that has survived him and it takes decent pictures.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.