Wednesday, March 4, 2009

10...a day late

1. I have been dealing with getting the kids into Pre-k for a couple of weeks and it looks like there is no end in sight. However, I think I know our game plan...there is a supposedly excellent Pre-K that is private but is part of the Putnam County School System. Fingers crossed that we can get in! I can't believe what a process this is turning out to be.

2. I cannot believe that my kids will be in kindergarten in a year and a half. That does not seem possible.

3. I've never been affected by my kids getting older but since the big 0-4 is around the corner (May) I feel like they're getting so OLD now.

4. Alot is not a word. Just for the record. Big pet peeve of mine. That, and misuse of apostrophes.

5. I am yet again embarrassed to be from WV since an idiot state legislator wants to ban Barbies in the state. Like that's the biggest problem WV faces. Puh-lease.

6. I hate American Idol. It keeps displacing my two favorite shows, Bones and House.

7. It totally annoys me when people won't respond to repeated emails, yet you see their MySpace or Facebook and they've clearly been goofing around on there for hours on end.

8. My kids find underwear on their head to be endlessly amusing. I do not. Especially during dinner.

9. I agree with Neurotic Attorney about the bathroom.

10. The infamous Lovey Bear was almost lost forever this week. It was a crisis in the making but the good folks at Teays Pediatrics came through for us. Love them!

3 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

I agree!!! My biggest apostrophe pet-peeve is when I drive by a house with a sign out front that says, "The Smith's." Really? So just the one Smith lives there? Because if it's a whole family of Smiths, then it would be, "The Smiths'" or, better yet, just "The Smiths."

Jonathan's Mommy said...

There is a sign I pass on I64W on my trips to WV that reads "Condo's For Sale." Irks me every time!

#5--my mom told me about that yesterday! How ridiculous!

#1--so stressful! Hope it works out for you!

Oh, and if you try taping the children to the bed, let me know how that works out for you!

Susie PSU said...

I tend to use apostrophe's alot.

I crack myself up.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.