Monday, June 4, 2007

Not much to say...

Ahhh, weekend. For those of you keeping score, last Friday was my anniversary. Five years! Twin Daddy Law Man and I actually had a twinkie-less night on Saturday and went to see Mr. Brooks (very good, BTW) and to Taste of Asia. For all of you Valley-ites out there, it is super duper yummo! I can’t believe this was my first trip, but it’s not exactly kid friendly so I guess take out it is from now on. Mmm, sushi. Just thinking about it makes me happy.
Since I haven’t done this in a while, those of you who follow my incoherent blogs might appreciate a new I wonder:
I wonder...
-if the lady who I saw waiting in the beauty salon who had a mullet was embarrassed to ask for a "mullet" as a haircut.
-if people who actually have mullets know they have mullets. Like, I asked for a bob, with some layering (which the lady did not do, argh). Do they say, hello, I’d like a mullet today??
-where the nails that I swear were in my desk went over the weekend.
-how long it will take me to remember to bring in stuff to semi decorate my work area.
-if I can keep the same drivers’ license picture for the rest of my life. It could be the greatest picture of me ever.
-if someone will yell at me for putting my kids on a leash when we go to King’s Island and the zoo
-if I’ll have to call my old boss who is a criminal defense attorney to get me out of jail in Ohio because I went postal on someone questioning my parenting choices
-if I should teach the kids to bark
-if my son will be a lawyer because he loves to argue, but only about things that are absolutes- like that his name is in fact Emma, not Ethan (but we’ve at least graduated to him calling himself Super Big E, his nickname), and that the color pink is in fact the color purple.
Lastly- special shout out to the greatest history teacher ever- hi Becky, glad you found me!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see kids on leashes all the time-I think it is a great idea, it seems like it is easier for all parties involved. I actually was a leashed child myself in Disney World for many years...and we all know how well I turned out! :)

Jenny

Jonathan's Mommy said...

There are folks in Kentucky who wear the mullet and I am often thinking the same thing--do they actually ASK the barber for a mullet or do the just give general direction knowing how it will turn out??

I can't imagine taking two two-year-old children to Kings Island, so I say poo-poo to anyone who expresses their unsolicited opinion. So long as you don't lose the children, I'd say you're doing great!

Janice said...

I think about putting leashes on the kids whenever we're out somewhere. Hey, I don't care if people stare or say something - I'd rather get some comments instead of loosing a child.

You're going to have to show us your hot driver's license picture :-) - all the years I've been driving I was never as fortunateto get a good one.

Anne said...

Belated Happy Anniversary! We're barely going for 2 this Sept, so anyone who's got any years on us, I definitely give credit to! :) Ditto on the Taste of Asia.... although I get freaked out every time we go there with Ethan, because the waitresses always end up smooching him (and I'm not comfortable with total strangers kissing on my Ethan!).

As for the leash... I thought it was "mean" when my mom put it on my brother when we went to Disneyland (I think he was around 5)... but now I think I mightve changed my mind. I agree with Janice, I'd rather get the looks than to lose a kid!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.