Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Pool Party!

Here are some pics in our high class backyard pool. The pics are kinda dark, but consider the photographer. I guess I should break down and invest in some photo software, but since I'm now on the state payroll that ain't happenin any time soon. Here we are saying "cheese"
And swimming...
Ethan peeking over the edge...I am impressed with myself on this shot, if only it weren't so dark.
Emma peeking...
And Miss Movie Star with her bikini and Mommy's sunglasses, upside down of course.
Hope you enjoy...

Question for all the mommies...my kids suddenly will not go to sleep til like 8:30, sometimes as late as 9:30. We were on such a great schedule til late this spring and they were in bed asleep by8. Then daylight savings hit. Yet they're still up by 6:30. Argh. I don't know how to get them to go to bed earlier. It's like a wrestling match to get them to sit and calm down and then get into the beds, which I have to put them back in 50 times. It's just like they're not tired. They'll play forever if we'd let them. It's getting tiring, and I have no clue what to do. Even after playing outside ALL DAY they are not sleepy enough to just fall asleep. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm listening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could give you some tips on the bedtime issue but Nora doesn't go to bed until we do (which is anywhere between 10 - 11)! A lot of times, she will lay in bed with us forever before going to sleep. I do think it has something to do with it being daylight later; she would play outside forever too.
Glad to see you survived their b-day party; we are getting ready to have Nora's Sunday and I am trying really hard not to stress too much over it. Have a great week!
Andy

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Jonathan has always had an early bedtime and I suspect we're just lucky that he tires out by 7:30. I know there are a million books out there, but I am in LOVE with Dr. Weissbluth's "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." It has an entire section on toddlers that I recently read due to some glitches in our night time routine. Like anything else, you have to pull parts from it that work for you, but maybe it will help!

As for the pictures, I think these pool ones are some of your best yet (at least from what I've seen online)! There is nothing better in our house than a kiddie pool!

supermommysquared said...

We chatted about this the other night, so I have exhausteed all my advice. If I come up with anything else I will let you know. Bribery and threats worke well in my house "Go to sleep and we can go to ____ after nap/in the morning, or Go to sleep and you can have a popsicle when you wake up. If I am desperate, "If you don't go to sleep I am going to take ___." I am an awful mean mommy I know. It works with mine, though.

Janice said...

Love the kiddie pool! Emma looks like Jackie-O with your upside down sunglasses.

You guys impress me with your early bed times! I am lucky if Cameron goes to bed at 8:30pm. We have better luck with Ava as she tires out sooner. But if all else fails and they're really cranky we just put them to bed and let them cry it out (it's 15 minutes of absolute torture hearing Ava cry). But we are pooped at the end of the day too. I don't really have any good advice. Do they take naps during the day? Maybe they'll sleep sooner if they take a shorter nap?

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.