Thursday, July 26, 2007

And then there was one...almost

OK, let's see if BLogger hates me today. First off, sorry for the triple post. I kept checking all day and my blog wasn't posting so I copied and pasted and reposted, then of course at some point yesterday evening they all posted.

So, it was a rough night in Twinkie Land and I am fried today. I have no idea what was up with my daughter. A little background- she's never been the best sleeper. She pretty much feels that sleep is wholly unnecessary and a total waste of her time. She slept through the night fairly early but then around 10 months started getting up at night, several times. That lasted til probably 15 months then we got back on track. Well, I had a flashback to old times last night and I was nearly down a kid by the end of the night.

I had just finished congratulating myself for making it into bed last night at 10 pm, after doing 2 loads of laundry, cleaning a bathroom and hanging up about 34 pieces of clothing. That's a big night for me, as I'm super lazy on weeknights. Well, I watch 15 minutes or so of TV then shut it off to go to bed. Around 1ish, I hear Emma sobbing. I go in, rock her, put her back down. An hour later, same thing. This time I see she has a diaper drooping to her knees and is starting to look like she has Britney Spears butt, so I change her. Back to bed. About an hour later, back up, but she's dry and sobbing again. I give up and put her in bed with me. I think she went to sleep but I'm not convinced that she wasn't just laying over there plotting my demise. She saw that the veins were starting to pop out on my neck by then. So she decides, about 13 seconds after I get back to sleep that she NEEDS Emma Bear (her Boyd's bear that has the name Emma) so it's back to the crib. Two more wakeups and she's back in bed with me at 4:30. I threatened her life at this time and told her I only had an hour and a half to sleep until I had to get up or be late to work (6 am is the latest I can get up and still reasonably make it). At 5 FREAKING thirty the neighbor's car panic button goes off and Ethan wakes up. I just looked toward the sky and asked God if he was serious with all this. THen I rolled out of bed. Of course, Emma is sound asleep by this time and Ethan goes back down so I can shower, because heaven forbid Daddy would help at any point during these shenanigans.

So, that is the story of how I nearly killed my daughter. Thankfully I have a spare, but he's not so big on pink hairbows...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks!!! Sorry you had such a bad night, hopefully tonight will be better...

Jenny

Jonathan's Mommy said...

OMG, that sounds so awful! I feel so sorry for you! I hope you have an easy day and that tonight will be better!!

Kimberly said...

Well at least you can sleep at work...hahahahaha!

What is with last little stinker? Do you think it's because paci went bye-bye?

Janice said...

Cameron's paci was snipped and he hasn't been sleeping well. I wonder if it's what Kim said? So sorry you had a bad night. Does Ethan wake up when Emma cries? Every once in a while one of my kids will wake the other up in the middle of the night and boy am I really crabby in the morning when that happens!

supermommysquared said...

Last night sounded awful!! I am so sorry!! I am so proud that you didn't kill her and I am honestly amazed that you didn't murder Michael. Cam's life insurance sure would have been looking good by 4:30am.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.