Thursday, January 10, 2008

Little People town

Ok, Kim got me into the blast from the past with her post on her Smurf belt. I loved the Smurfs, and had many Smurf toys. Personally, I was partial to Smurfette and even had a Smurfette cake once for my birthday. However, another of my childhood loves was Little People. They've made a comeback, but they sure don't look like this anymore. Incidentally I had the redhead lady in the blue dress back in the day, along with many others.

Now, Little people actually have bodies (sort of) and don't look like tiny little bowling pins with faces. This evening I was graced with Little People town in the living room, so I decided it was good blog fodder.

Here is the King, and his sidekick who I think looks remarkably like Dumbledore, gay and all. He's lowering himself to speak to one of his subjects, who I think is one of the 15 different Maggies we have. A downfall of the new Little People is that there is a finite number of characters.

Here's the schoolbus, driver optional obviously. Yet another Maggie in the bus, along with some blond kid.
Here's the cute little trendy Maggie on a weekend jaunt with her boyfriend Eddie. They're pulling their cool popup camper complete with camping gear, sleeping bags, a tiny camping kitchen and a radio playing nature sounds. There is also the Third Wheel friend tagging along, I think her name is Sally. This Maggie must have more game than the other Maggies as she's found herself a real man. Eddie is a construction worker; way to get a man with a job, Maggs.
I'm guessing Eddie's coworker Max tried to make a play for Maggie and Eddie laid him out here, as he's about to get run over by the camper. Straight out of WV, I tell ya. Either that or he got fresh with Sallie there and she booted his butt out.
Emma and Ethan in Little People town. We also have a construction site, airport and gas station. Homesites start at only $150K, built personally by Eddie and Max, assuming they're still friends. Call now!

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Little people are the best! Steven's mom got all the grandkids a "Little People Nativity" complete with baby jesus and little shepard boy...too funny!

Susie PSU said...

We don't have the pop-up camper! My kids STILL play with their Little People all of the time. We're up to the car wash, the garage, the nativity scene, the house, the boat, the school bus, the farm, Noah's Ark, the fire station, a zillion cars and 3 zillion people and animals, the zoo, and who knows what else. That is just off the top of my head.

Anonymous said...

I still like the old school little people best. They were just more interesting because they didnt have names and such - you got to decide what it is they did and were - so much for imaginations. Although looking at your house makes me realize that my house will be very different once my little person gets more interested in toys. Carrie.

Paula said...

Mark and I totally want to get Lydia the camping Little People. I found it while searching for the zoo.

Anonymous said...

I still have my little people from when i was little (i think). I used to LOVE them!!

Jenny

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I loved the old-school Little People but J-man is not so into the new version we have at our house. My MIL, however, saved all of Bryan's little people and Jonathan loves to play with them he's over there.

Katie said...

They look like they are having a blast setting up all the vehicles and scenes. I swear I don't think I played with Little People when I was little, but I'm sure Jordan will play with the new ones in a year or so.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.