Monday, January 14, 2008

T minus 1 day...

Tomorrow is Emma's surgery, and I *think* we have everything set. Let me tell you, the disorganization of the health care community sure doesn't give me confidence in turning over my kid to them to be put to sleep and operated on. Do you think it would be too much for me to circle her right eye with a red permanent marker and draw an arrow to it stating "this one?"

Everyone keeps asking me if I've told her, and of course I have, but I'm not sure this is going to sink in until we get to the hospital, they give her the sedative and then Mommy has to go bye bye leaving her with strangers and of course Bun Bun. And I pray they're on time, because she can't eat or drink til it's all over. That's bad enough for an adult, but how do you explain to a two year old that's hungry and thirsty, sorry, kid, no can do? Plus, this kid is an eater. I guar-an-tee that there will be an immediate request for panpakes immediately following surgery.

On another note, my kids are the things that marketing teams dream of. Ethan can sing the jingles of some notable commercials and now if he sees a Subway sign he automatically yells "eat fresh!" The other day, we were in the car and the Billy Ray Cyrus song came on, and this one was the version with his daughter Miley, better known as Hannah Montana. Well, the DJ said something about Hannah and Emma yells out from the back seat, "I like Hannah Tana." I was like, already???? Yet another marketing gimmick that's worked on her. At least she's not asking for the $500 concert tickets yet. However, I do think they've realized that the Disney on Ice show is going to be here soon, and that the Diego show comes as close as Ashland, Ky, about an hour and a half from here. Is it any wonder that I'm broke?

10 comments:

CBRESQ said...

I am sure it is tough waiting for tomorrow to get here and then have to think about it getting here, but I am sure Emma will do great and I think her mom will be okay too. I will be thinking about you all and praying that this procedure will go well and you will have good results. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Let us know how things go tomorrow. I'm sure that everything will be fine! I'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow.

Jenny

Maria said...

Andrea, I am Kim's friend and I check out your blog every now and then. I will be thinking about you guys tomorrow. The twinks are adorable!!

Neurotic Atty said...

Does mommy get a sedative, too? I'm sure all will go well, but all the same, Miss Emma will be in my thoughts and prayers. Oh, and, yes, I would be tempted to circle the right eye, too!

Anonymous said...

I will be sending your family prayers tomorrow. Just think how great it will be when she doesn't have to wear glasses anymore! It will make the surgery worth it!

Hang in there!
Wendy

Kimberly said...

I'll be thinking of you guys! Everything is gonna be more than fine.

Susie PSU said...

Good luck to all of you tomorrow! I would seriously consider putting something on that eye so they don't do the wrong eye. What a scary thought!

She'll do fine. And so will you. I have confidence.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Definitely circle the eye! When Bryan had shoulder surgery, they marked the right one--why shouldn't you??

For some odd reason, I had cataloged Emma's surgery in my mind and was thinking about you and your family over today. I am sure it will be all good but I will throw in a few prayers, too, for good measure!

Paula said...

i just wast thinking about you today. please let us know how everything goes.

Susie PSU said...

How did it go???

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.