Friday, April 11, 2008

Birthday wishes...

So, we do in fact have the infamous bicycle in our house, after some Nanny run ins with the [insert nasty name here] at Dick's Sporting Goods who wouldn't bother to help her run it 50 yards to her car to help out someone with two almost three year olds. I mean, they were super busy DOING NOTHING seeing as how it was 11:00 on a Tuesday. Let's say they lived up to their store name that day. Here is the bike:
However, now Ethan has decided that this looks super fun and amazing:
I have to agree, it's a Sesame Street Bounce House and Ball pit, and unfortunately for Mom and Dad, some kids in the 'hood have it. Other kids have some super cool toys too, including a motorized Hummer, a motorized Lightning car (which Ethan fully believes that the kid will soon trade him the car for Ethan's bike, he's already ready to make the deal), trampolines and those giant blow up slides. However, it comes at the grand cost of about $250 on sale (over $300 most places I found it) and it's not really as big as the picture implies. But it is super cool. And in turn, it would make me a super cool mom, right? Unfortunately I'm not super rich.

I've been on a 'Net search and found this Little Tykes bounce house for significantly less, it holds more weight and it's bigger. How bad is it that I'm seriously considering this?



Sigh. How do you balance giving them everything you want to give them and spoiling them? I guess it's easy when your checking account looks like mine does, as I will not be getting either bouncer unless my yard sale this possibly rainy weekend brings in some serious cash. So they might stay bouncerless. Stay tuned. And come buy my stuff!

7 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I admit, I have the same quandry. I have a tendency towards the spoling side and I have to try to restrain myself. That Sesame Street house looks so cool! I am going to check it out as that is the sort of thing my sister would totally buy for Jonathan.

I am so happy that you found the bike! It looks awesome!

Paula said...

it is hard to keep from spoiling them...and when my bank account won't do it, it is tempting to ask nonni and poppi to get it for her...she is the only grandkid right now...

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling I am going to be a spoiler too if my dog and her gigantic toy box and collar wardrobe are any indicationat all...It sounds to me like you do it the right way because your kids have manners and are sweet little twinkies...not spoiled brats. I say spoil away and good luck at the sale!!

Elizabeth

Kimberly said...

LOVE that bounce house! Steven thinks it would be the funniest thing ever!

I'm sooo glad you found a bike.

CBRESQ said...

Glad you found the bike. Spoiling is easy to do - thankfully we have serious space issues at our house so I adopt the same strategy I had while grocery shopping in Motown - if it could not fit in my shopping basket (and if I could not carry it) I didnt need it. Thankfully the grandparents understand our space problem too. Right now Vivian is thrilled with paper towels (how long does that last;)?).
Hope you had a good yard sale.

Susie PSU said...

I NEVER have good service at Dick's. Doesn't matter which Dick's it is, they are horrible.

We actually HAVE a bounce house that we don't use. Wanna come get it?

Anonymous said...

Because the admin of this web page is working, no doubt very shortly it will
be well-known, due to its feature contents.

my web blog: dreambox gbox cccam

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.