Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Random thoughts from a toddler mom

No pics today, but soon, I promise. Emma and I have a Princess Party this weekend where she'll meet ALL the Disney Primpesses. I hope a soon to be 3 year old is an unlikely candidate for a heart attack. She survived meeting Dora so I'm thinking she's pretty strong.

Here are my random Hump Day thoughts:

- I'm pretty sure the number of times I can answer the same question in a row decreases exponentially throughout the day.

-How do you trick a kid into learning stuff who is completely uninterested most of the time? Ethan is very into his letters and spelling stuff and counting towards 100 and all that. Emma- not so much. Dancing around, jumping and singing are more her forte. She even knows when she's being tricked into learning with a promise of M&Ms at the end.

-I think I've given Emma nightmares because we watched the beginning of Bones the other night.

-why is the cold so much worse when I get it as opposed to when THEY had it?

-How do you get chocolate pudding all over your pants when you've been sitting at a table eating it?

-Would an indoor play area business really take off like I think it would? A friend and I have totally been discussing starting one. There is NOTHING physical to do around here when the weather is bad except Chuck E. Cheese, which ain't that great for smaller ones, and the Clay Center, which always has basically the same stuff and is expensive.

With dreams of small business success, I'll leave you. Happy Hump Day!

4 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I'll bet an indoor play area would do really well! We have a couple around here and they are wonderful. You can even buy a pass for the winter months so it feels like it's free when you actually go!

I'm with you on the chocolate pudding. I'd like to add an inquiry as to how it not only ends up on pants but also on a chihuahua??

Neurotic Atty said...

Don't forget about the Jr. League Character Breakfast next Saturday! Dora will be there, along with Spongebob, Mr. Incredible, Cinderella, Snow White, Shrek, and a bunch of other characters.

In the meantime, Emma and Ethan sound EXACTLY like my niece and nephew, Lindsey and Christopher. Chris was always the more studious one who liked learning things and paid close attention to everything. Linds was the giggly, free-spirited one who couldn't care less how to spell her name or count to 50. It eventually evens out, though. Now they're both seniors in high school, and neither cares about learning anything! LOL.

Kimberly said...

Well Sophie DEFINITELY falls into that category of "singing and dancing" as opposed to learning. And she gets totally POed if you try to trick her!

And an indoor play area is an AWESOME idea. I think that something like that in the valley would make a butt load!

Paula said...

I think it would be great. I drive to Morgantown just take Lydia to the one at the Mall..and it isn't anything special..

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.