Tuesday, July 8, 2008

10 more on Tuesday

1. I'm so thrilled to be going to the beach over Labor Day (and the following week!)

2. I've never really "budgeted" down to the penny for vacation before and it sucks. But I'm going so I'm cool with it.

3. I've already started packing lists. I'm a list maker, what can I say? It saved me when my stuff was stuck in NYC on 9-11 and I was stuck in New Jersey, cause I could make a specific claim to the Marriott (and they fulfilled it even though it was considered an "act of war" which is excluded).

4. I have been unmotivated to do ANYTHING as of late.

5. I really REALLY want to lose 10 pounds before the beach. But see #4 for how the exercise is going.

6. I totally screwed up my kids this last long weekend by messing big time with their schedules.

7. The sound of the kids singing on our CD player right now is driving me nuts, cause they really can't sing. But some of the songs are good, and hey, it was 120 Bible Songs for Kids for 5.99.

8. Walmart rocks, even though I may disagree with some of their policies. You know, allegedly they run Mom and Pop stores out, but seriously, I worked in a small grocery store and I didn't even have the opportunity to get health insurance and I made minimum wage at first. You get better than that at Walmart, and hey, no one is making you work there.

9. I find it ironic that a lot of people so opposed to Walmart still shop there. And some of the bad press they get is just wrong (like about the woman who they filed a subrogation claim against for her health insurance benefits- hello, I was a litigator- ALL companies, including the state and federal governments, file subro claims against lawsuit proceeds- they pay out millions in health care and then you get a windfall, while your bills are also paid???)

10. I'm rambling a lot tonight. Guess it's off to bath time.

I have a few pics I'll try to post later, we went to a carnival (or carmavore as the kids call it) a couple weekends ago and I have some shots from that. Since it's becoming romper room in here though, I better sign off before I end up in the ER.

4 comments:

CBRESQ said...

I am glad you get to go to the beach - I like the beach in September. Wish I was going, but I guess we will be vacationing in Franklin:(.

Neurotic Atty said...

I hate Wally World, but not for political reasons. I hate that it draws every redneck from KY and OH, and I hate that their prices keep creeping up, but it is a necessary evil. Where else am I going to buy my shampoo and paper towels at those prices?

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I'm a converted Wally world hater. I now enjoy my weekend jaunts there and realize that I am turning into my mother...

I have the same weight loss goal for our October vacay, but also an extreme lack of motivation.

Yay for you going to the beach! Nothing more relaxing than sand and water!

Susie PSU said...

Ooo, what beach are you going to? I'd call you a Lucky Duck, but we're going, too! To NC...

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.