Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's Tuesday again!

Here we go:

1. I'm shocked and somewhat appalled that the Court system doesn't give any paid maternity leave. Not that I'm ever going to use it, but really, that's pretty 1946, don't you think?

2. I have a tiny little cut on my thumb and I can't figure out where it came from, yet I keep staring at it. Weird, huh?

3. We have $200 in our change jar (not all of it is change) and I really need to cash it in, at least the part that's rolled. That's good for people who barely use cash anywhere!

4. I'm embarassed that my feet look so narsty today so I actually wore ballet flats instead of sandals.

5. Emma wrote her name all by herself several times lately, and then last night wanted to write my name. I told her each letter and she wrote it out really well! I'm so proud of her, that's pretty good for just turning 3, isn't it?

6. Ethan is actually good at writing too but he's been anti writing since this weekend. When I asked him to write his name on the same piece of construction paper he refused, but then went and got a sticker with his name on it and put it on the paper. Creative I guess, right?

7. We put a new blind on the kids' room, and now it's really dark, so they've taken to sitting in their beds with flashlights "reading" a book. Hey, as long as they're 1. quiet, 2. in their beds and 3. not making a mess, who cares?

8. Why would Angelina name her kid "Knox?" Especially giving the girl a beautiful name like Vivienne. I guess it's better than Apple, Coco, or Pilot Inspektor.

9. I hope hope hope that we have a rain free weekend, for once. I'm so tired of beautiful days during the week and then rain! Argh!

10. Why do businesses feel it's necessary to keep it 47 degrees inside on hot summer days?

4 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

The whole lack of maternity leave is really appalling. It's sad that there are only a minority of employers that offer paid leave!

Way to go Emma for writing her name! Ethan sounds a lot like Jonathan, he can do a lot of things but only when HE wants to do them.

Knox is not a good name, hands down. Those two are just too weird for me.

Cheryl Lage said...

Love your stream of consciousness! And I have to say I agree with you 100%...we've had to leave not one, but TWO restaurants lately because it was simply too frigid to eat inside. What happened to the popularity of "saving energy," much less keeping guests comfy?

Happy Tuesday, from a fellow closed toe shoe wearer today...

Anonymous said...

At least you can wear shoes- I haven't been able to wear anything better then black flip flops for almost 3 months! And if you want to make your feet look better, just come stand beside me- it'll be an instant improvement!!

Neurotic Atty said...

What's worse than a 47-degree business is a 47-degree business on a rainy day. I nearly froze to death in Marshall's that day we got caught in the pouring rain on the way to the car.

Emma is clearly a genius, and Ethan is clearly a MAN genius. (Don't they always find the easiest way out?)

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.