Friday, August 15, 2008

An Olympic moment...

So, I totally think Emma Bo Bemma will someday be an Olympic gymnast. Forget that she can't walk across the floor without stumbling, and forget that I'm 5'9" and Michael's 6'1". I'm shipping her off to China as we speak to live in one of those state run programs. You know, you don't have to know how to read and write if you can do a double twisting double back in a layout position.

Clearly I'm Olympics obsessed and last night ROCKED. Go USA! However, I really miss this:


Maybe it's because she's a fellow West Virginian. But I think Mary Lou had that "something" that's missing from today's gymnasts. She seemed focused, but like she was having fun at every moment during the biggest competition of her life. She did her thing and showed her excitement in a job well done. America's sweetheart...

(not to mention I had one of those totally awesome leotards- thanks Nana!)

5 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I loved Mary Lou, too! I totally remember watching that on television back in the day!

Cheryl Lage said...

Man, I so was enchanted with Mary Lou, too. Am I evil to say I think things went WAY downhill with the Kerri Strug broken leg incident? ;)

Neurotic Atty said...

Goosebumps, even today. I remember when Mikey drove Boo and me past her parents' house, and I thought it was the most magical house I'd ever seen.

Kimberly said...

I rocked that leotard too!! And Jcpennys had the ENTIRE Mary Lou line! HA!

Katie said...

I had one of those leotards, as well. I loved Mary Lou and thought it was amazing that my 3rd grade teacher (Ms. Retton) was her cousin. I agree that she showed a lot more emotion and heart than any of the more recent gymnasts. Seeing her running up and grabbing Bella is still awesome to watch.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.