Monday, August 11, 2008

diez de la mañana el martes

Are you impressed by the fancy Spanish title? yeah, I didn't think so. iGoogle baby. Google can do anything...

1. Sorry bout the lack of posting but life has been crazy lately, with Bible School, my parents moving, lots of other commitments and life in general. Things are settling though...

2. Speaking of moving, is there much worse on the planet? And how do two people collect so much JUNK?

3. Do you know that my mother has an entire rack full of my old dance costumes?

4. Like many others, I'm totally obsessed with the Olympics and may have possibly flipped off the French team after the swimming relay.

5. Is it my competitive spirit or some deep seeded patriotism when I want the American team to win EVERYTHING and get really angry when they don't?

6. I'm wondering what sport is most likely to get Ethan and Emma into the Olympics. I have to think it's not that hard to make the American handball team, or maybe some badminton. And those can't cost nearly as much as 15 years of gymnastics or swimming training.

7. Speaking of handball, what a bizarro sport. Has anyone ever actually known a handball player? And how does ping pong get to be an Olympic sport, yet they're dropping baseball and softball after this year?

8. I cannot believe that my husband is already watching NFL football. I can watch 12 hours straight of college football on Saturday but the mere vision of the NFL on my tv makes me groan.

9. I guess I should at least watch a couple minutes of preseason since these guys will be flipping burgers in a week or so when they get cut from the team.

10. Why are there no American judges in diving? Is that how we keep getting 4th, just out of medal contention while the Chinese keep winning??

Pictures coming soon, as soon as I relocate the camera. Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY JACKSON!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Maybe Emma and Sophie could do the synchronized diving. Of course Emma will probably be way taller than Sophie so that might be a problem.

TwinMommyLawchick said...

And you forget Kim that you'd have to convince Emma to actually jump in the water. I haven't seen any Dora lifejackets in the olympics.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I'm thinking I'll get Jonathan into curling and we can do the Winter Olympics.

CBRESQ said...

Glad you are back blogging. I really do not understand the hold the olympics has on us either. It seems like no matter how many people get busted for drugs - we ignore it all because finally we can beat the pants off the rest of the world and not look like a bully doing it. It is really sad when you are cheering like mad, but the sport is so obscure that you don't even totally understand the rules. Gotta love it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! fantastic idea, but will this really work?

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.