Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas party tour 2007 is nearly complete

This past week was one of those weeks. I think that everyone planning a Christmas party/dinner thought the first week of December was the week to do it. I had a Christmas party or dinner Monday evening, Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, two on Friday, and one on Sunday. Phew. Of course, many of these meant baking, wrapping and getting kids ready. Fun times. I think my Christmas spirit suffered a hit, but I'm trying to get back on the saddle.

So, I have to say, I'm constantly amazed by my kids. I worry sometimes that not being in daycare will make them antisocial or something, but that could not be more true! Sometimes I think I hit the kid lottery. I mean just LOOK at these faces... We went to a party last night where they didn't know one person there, and when we went to the kids' playroom area, they just jumped right in and left us in the dust. I was so proud of them! They didn't care a bit that they didn't know these other kids, they walked up and told them their names and started playing! They played so hard that they wouldn't eat, and we had to go through a drive thru on the way home to feed them! And, to top it off, they were younger than 90% of the kids by at least 3 years, but they didn't care. Santa made an appearance, and Ethan and Emma quickly learned that being the smallest affords you the fastest access to the fat man in red, as they squeezed right through the adults and bigger kids for their shot at Ho Ho. Both have always loved Santa, from their first Christmas at 7 months. When the pics are emailed to me I'll be sure to post. I was shocked that there were some older kids (like 6-7) who were scared. I mean, come on, it's SANTA. I can see a little one, but that old? Maybe it's like a clown, some adults are still scared of them.

Anywho, it did put to rest some of my paranoid mother fears that my kids will be the ones who grab a toy and play alone in a corner while all the other kids play together. They never have done that, but again, I'm the same one who fully convinced herself that Ethan was autistic when he was like 6 months old. Yay for outgoing kids!

3 comments:

Paula said...

i agree last week was the week for parties...i am so glad that emma and ethan do well with other kids.

Neurotic Atty said...

Glad you guys had a good -- if busy -- weekend! The kids are so cute!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

How cute! And how great the kids are outgoing, even more impressive since they are twins!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.