Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas spirit

I have to admit, for the most part, I think the vast majority of people are not great. Frankly, people really suck sometimes. But I’m trying to believe I’m wrong, at least for the sake of my kids, because I really don’t want them growing up in a world where people don’t care about others and are only looking out for themselves. So, in that vain, I’ve been trying to be nice to strangers, especially during the Christmas season, and I’ve been watching for people to show the Christmas spirit, so I can point out to the kids that people really ARE good.

Here are my examples so far:

*Thank you to the super nice lady in Target on Sunday who gave us the only dry cart so the kids didn’t have to sit in a wet one. She gave it up because she saw us looking for one and knew the kids would be sitting in it.

*A nice old guy in Fruth yesterday who had his hands full of items let a nice little old lady go first because she had a gallon of milk in her hand.

*Thanks to the maroon car who let me over this morning as I had gotten squished out and would have totally missed my turn at the fork in the road had she not let me out.

Anyone else want to share some Christmas spirit? Don’t forget to pass on the spirit.

5 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

LOL! Your Christmas post is the polar opposite of my post about my Christmas shopping experience! But I'll post a "thank you" comment, too. Thank you to the Salvation Army bell ringer who yelled, "Have a nice day, young lady," to me the other day even though I didn't walk out through his door. Thank you to Blake in the men's department at Macy's for being so cheerful and accomodating. Thank you to the KTA bus driver for stopping to pick up a passenger running through the rain yesterday who was running behind and hadn't gotten to the stop in time. And thank you, LawChick, for making us all stop and be thankful and reminding us all of the importance of kindness.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Thanks for the reminder! All I can think of right now is Christmas un-spirit, but I just got home from a crappy day at work. I need to try to take your advice and look for Christmas spirit around me!

Susie PSU said...

Living in a college town we see LOTS of kind acts, I admit. They are just so tolerant of kids here! The college kids always hold the door, let the little kids in front of them for the parade, smile and laugh at whatever the kids say, and are just nice in general. Must be the laid-back lifestle. I wish I remembered! ha ha

Kimberly said...

Great post!! I'll have to do some thinking on this one!

Janice said...

Thank you for reminding me that there are a lot of good people out there. To be honest, I haven't really been the mood for Christmas spirit this year, but reading your post gives me hope.

By the way, the kids' Nascar toys rock!!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.