Monday, December 17, 2007

Dragons and swimming pools and popsicles, OH MY!

So, day 1 of my vacation at home (I'm off til January 3, the pleasures of state employment!). I have constantly been amazed lately at my kids' creativity. It's just amazing how they think and how complex their ideas are. I'm pretty sure they're smarter and more creative than I am already.

Their current favorite thing is pretend. They pretend play anything. One minute it's dragons chasing them down the hall, the next minute they're serving pretend popsicles from an ice cream truck. (And what's up with them being out of the blue ones when mommy wants a blue popsicle?). Then they're swimming on the rug in the living room, and 5 minutes later they're Alvin and the chipmunks (AAALLLLLVVVVIIIINNN! O-Kay!) or the Doodlebops (complete with guitar, drum and/or tambourine).

Tomorrow we're off on Errand Day, to Walmart, the mall and ending with Santa's lap. As you all know, it's always a crap shoot taking two year olds (especially two of them) out for that many errands. I'll post some Santa pics soon!

On a side note, please send thoughts and prayers to Neurotic Attorney.

3 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I am so jealous! I would LOVE that much time off! Good luck with Santa--can't wait to see the pictures!!

Paula said...

good luck with santa, i am hoping to get that done soon

Katie said...

I hope the errands went well. After Jordan's fits in Kroger and K-Mart on separate occasions, I'm afraid to take her shopping until she is big enough to sit up in the cart. I can't wait to see the Santa pics.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.