Friday, December 21, 2007

A day at the Museum

So, thanks to Desperate Housemommy, we took a trip to the Clay Center museum. Yep, two mommies and four kids under 3. I have to say, all in all I think it was a huge success. Unfortunately I didn't pull the camera out too much but did snap a few shots I thought I'd share.

Here's Emma with Max, playing on the giant magnet thingie. I'm pretty sure this is Maxey's favorite part of the museum since it's one of the only ones that he can participate in.

Here are Max, Hailey and Emma working on their magnetic masterpieces.
Hailey and Emma conspiring.
Here is Desperate Housemommy doing the weather. I totally think she should become a weather girl, she's way better than our local peeps.
Ethan and Emma at one of the coolest parts of the museum (even if they had no idea). You make a little movie shot by shot using the little cars. I think Ethan spent about an hour at this section, as it contained his two favorite things, cars and buttons to push.

We had a fabulous time, no fits, no crying, no fighting, no breakdowns. A fully successful trip that we'll definitely do again!

The visit to Santa on Tuesday went very well. We got there about 2 minutes before an entire daycare, so our timing was impeccable. I'll try to post the pics tomorrow, I had Grampsy scan them in and I have to edit them to the right size.

4 comments:

Janice said...

That's great you had a wonderful time!! The museum looks like such a cool place! I want to take the kids sometime but I'm afraid there might be a couple of meltdowns :-P.

Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday!!!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

That looks like so much fun! I really need to take Jonathan there sometime when I'm in WV!

Hope you have a great Christmas!

Katie said...

I'm glad they had fun at the museum. I haven't been in that part of the Clay Center and no idea that so much of it was interactive for kids. What more could any boy want than buttons and toy cars?

Kimberly said...

I agree with ethan that the movie making exhibit is pretty darn cool! Glad you guys had a good time!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.