Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I know, I stink

Ok, I keep forgetting to update, and I really do have some new pictures but just don't have time and I'm not on the right computer right now anyway...I'll really really try tonight.

Some updates on us...Emma's eye is doing fine. We've been back to the doc one more time and he says keep doing what we're doing, glasses and patch 3 hours a day. We have no idea how long that will have to go on but hopefully not too long.

I haven't updated on the potty training for a long time, but I'm happy to say that Emma is 99% trained, even at night. We still do diapers at night just in case, but most mornings she's perfectly dry, and she's always dry after naps. As for Ethan, he'll never be trained at night I don't think. Both go out in undies now unless we're going to be in the car for a long time (have you ever had to wash a carseat cover? no fun). The problem is that Ethan sometimes just "forgets" when he's at home and will just pee his pants. I have no idea how to stop this, as I'll ask him if he has to go and literally 2 minutes later he'll go in his pants. I'm just coming to the conclusion that boys take longer. We started in September so I thought he'd be over this by now but I guess not. At least he only does it at home.

Their vocabularies are amazing and getting bigger every day. It's so much fun to have a conversation with them, and very enlightening. Some phrases we're hearing right now:

Emma: Hello, missing the point, mommy!!! (thanks Polly Pocket)
I want some more Bazanya (lasagna)

Ethan: Um, 'cuse me mommy, I need....(his manners are so precious! It often gets us free treats at restaurants)
My fav: Um, 'cuse me mommy, you made a mistake. This chicken isn't right. (he thought his pork was chicken)

Ethan also tends to use the word "actually" a lot and use it right, which totally impresses me!

Every morning, as I walk out the door, I get to hear, Love you mommy, be careful, watch out for the crickets and reindeer. I had no idea that those vicious attack crickets had teamed up with reindeer in an effort to stop traffic.

So dear blog readers, until I manage to post again, be careful, and watch out for the crickets and reindeer.

6 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I am so happy to hear that Emma's eye is doing great! I've been wondering how that was going!

Your potty training comments frighten me. We have not even started with Jonathan yet, but everyone says boys are harder and he is so stubborn that I KNOW he won't want to do it unless and until he's ready. If only I could make him think it's his idea...

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the good news about Emma. I will start potty training at SOME point! LOL Will says 'excuse me' when he's trying to get by you or something and it is so sweet! I'd love to get the kids together to see what kind of conversation they would have! :) Thanks for the update and for the warning about the crickets and reindeer. It never would have crossed my mind!

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well! I had no idea about the dangers of crickets and reindeer or that they had teamed up together to cause havoc on the roadways- I'll be on the lookout now!

BTW...when my aunt was potty training Holt, she was having a terrible time with him peeing his pants at home. So she told him he couldn't have any Cheerios (his fav cereal) and within a day or so he was all over the potty training. I'm not exactly sure if that's what you are suppose to do, but it worked!

Jenny

Neurotic Atty said...

The crickets and the reindeer??? Who knew there was so much danger in the world! Glad Emma is doing well after surgery!

Paula said...

glad to hear emma is doing great..i have alway heard boys are harder...good luck with that!

Katie said...

When we're heading out today, we'll be sure to watch out for the crickets and reindeer. You have to wonder where they come up with such things!
I'm glad Emma is doing well. Hopefully the patching won't last too long. At least she doesn't seem to mind it too much.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.