Wednesday, June 4, 2008

10 for Wednesday

10 on Wednesday (sorry, couldn’t make it in by Tuesday):

1. I’m super excited that the kids are playing soccer. I am such a sports freak that I have hoped and prayed that my kids will love sports too.

2. I think this soccer class will be good for the kids. They need some structure since they’re not in preschool.

3. I wore a really cute pair of shoes yesterday and although they would externally appear comfortable, they were possibly the least comfortable shoes ever made. Damn you Kate Spade! You’ve tricked me again.

4. If I worked a 4 day work week, I’m pretty sure I’d just spend the 5th day dragging the kids around on errands, so I don’t really think it’s worth it to spend 10 hours a day here.

5. I wish I’d have known that being a lawyer is 90% who you know and 10% what you know. I probably would have just passed on law school and you could call me Professor Chick right now.

6. I wonder why I still get ticked off when I see people in jobs that they have no business being in because they are about 2 steps above bumbling idiot, and they make twice (or more) what I do because of their connections. I need to get over that hot rage that burns in me when I think about it.

7. I think I will always be a litigator at heart even if I hate certain aspects of it. There is nothing like arguing a motion, writing a kick ass summary judgment or appeal brief, or hammering someone in a deposition. But billable hours and constant BS suck.

8. Why is it when you’re trying really really hard to save money, you think of 1000 things that you need to spend money on?

9. I get really jealous when people say they’re taking a sick day to just goof off. When I don’t work, I don’t have a sitter or daycare. I think one day I’m going to have to just leave like I’m going to work, call in, and spend the day sitting in a park. But then I’d feel too guilty and I’d end up going home.

10. Carpooling ROCKS. I swear I’m saving like $40 per week. Thanks Neurotic Attorney!

And a bonus since I'm a day late: I still heart you Hillary. I waited 14 years to be able to vote for you and I still think you're the best choice for president. Now I have to consider long and hard how to vote this fall, and since I'm a die hard Democrat that's distressing to me.

4 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I can't wait to hear how soccer goes--Jonathan is playing in the fall!

I am sad to hear about the Kate Spade shoes! For as much money as they cost, they should be as comfortable as Crocs.

I hear you on the attorney thing. It's really disheartening!

I actually thought about you today with the whole Hillary thing as Heather told me about your love. I do think she's a great candidate and a good politician.

Paula said...

i agree with the money thing...

Anonymous said...

Where are the kids playing soccer? I have been trying to find some things to get Will involved in this summer. If you've heard of anything will you email me and let me know?
abyus@access.k12.wv.us
I know teachers have long email addresses!!
Thanks for the new blog...I've been waitin'!

Kimberly said...

Seriously, i did 4 days a week for over a year and I KNOW i used more gas on my day off b/c I'd do all of my "running around" on that day!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.