Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm officially a soccer mom

I'd love for this blog to have some super great pictures, but unfortunately indoor soccer facility + low lighting + point and shoot camera = pics that are basically black blobs.

Anywho, my kids are officially soccer stars. Well, actually they're taking a soccer class at Quantum Soccer. They love it, and I think it's good for them to have some structure. It really only losely resembles soccer, but it entails running around for an hour (no actual games at ages 3-4) and tires them plumb out, so everyone is happy.

Here they are after their first practice.

The one quasi action shot I could get lightened up. Ethan is number 4 (back to the camera) and that's Emma on his right.

If you're like me, you're always worried that your kid is going to be "that kid" in situations like this. You know, the kid who pushes the others down or is mean, or the kid who doesn't listen to any directions and just runs around aimlessly like a monkey on crack. Well, fortunately that kid was D. [name withheld to protect the heathen...er, innocent] He was eventually asked to leave I assume, as his mom came over with the director and pulled him out. HE didn't return this week, much to most of our relief. Thankfully the only people my kids have pushed so far are each other, and that's embarrassing enough.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

They look AWESOME in their uniforms!!! Is that Emmy is sitting on the soccer ball in the back ground?

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I love the uniforms! I know what you mean about fearing your kid is "that kid" and I am happy it was not either of yours! And how great did you do, two blogs back to back!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! I hope the soon to be addition in the Crawford family will be athletic and spunky!! My worst fear is that I am going to have a child that doesn't like sports and really that is all I have ever liked and I won't know what to do!! I know it doesn't matter one way or the other because I'll learn to adjust but I just really want to have a youngin' in an adorable soccer uniform like your little dolls!! congrats on being the soccer mom with the great kids!

Elizabeth

CBRESQ said...

I know they will be great athletes if that is what they want to do because I have seen their mother play flag football!!! Good stuff, enjoy it at this age before people get super competitive. Love the uniforms.

Susie PSU said...

Little kid soccer is SO much fun. Get yourself a comfy folding chair and enjoy. Welcome to the sidelines!!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.