Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another 10 for Tuesday- and it's actually Tuesday!

Another of Kim's 10 for Tuesday...

1. It totally cracked me up the other day as I walked past the baby section in Walmart and saw that they're stocking Stay Awake (the Walmart brand of No Dose) in that section. Then my ovaries shriveled a bit at the memories of nighttime feedings x 2.

2. I am constantly amazed by people's parenting. There was a kid at the pool the other day who just walked up to Emma's snack size bag of Cheezits and helped himself. Didn't ask to share or anything, just grabbed them and started noshing. I drew the line when he grabbed her Koolaid Cooler and was about to take a drink. I maybe sort of told him it was rude to steal other people's drinks.

3. The same kid (about 4-5 years old) was left ALONE at the pool while his mom left the entire pool area (as in outside of the gates going who knows where) for over 20 minutes. I'm assuming my MIL and I were supposed to babysit him. Seriously, WHO DOES THAT? It's a freaking pool, and you're going to leave your young child there with strangers to babysit and save him from drowning?

4. I am suffering from major shoe envy right now. I used to always have sassy shoes but my collection is not enlarging like I'd hoped. Sigh, I miss disposible income and the days I didn't weigh purchasing a really great pair of pumps with purchasing pictures of my kids. (those are coming soon to a blog near you, I heart Sears Portrait!)

5. I'm totally in a dinner rut right now. Any ideas for fast, easy go-to meals?

6. The world of parents around here is a small world, as Kim and I found out. We both share the thought that this one kid's mom is nuts, as I've seen her at soccer class, and Kim knows her from elsewhere. Can you say "helicopter mom?"

7. I'm also in a major I don't like my clothes rut. Maybe I should do what my friend Emily did- she's literally selling most of her clothes and starting over. Interesting. I'm going to see how that turns out first.

8. I have been exercising WAYYYY more lately (I also heart Zumba), including breaking out the old dustridden elliptical, and yet I'm not losing any weight. Not a pound. I'm about to just say forget it and eat at McDonald's every evening.

9. Sine die is Thursday, which means the end of the Court term. If I were a big important person I could be laying by the pool for the rest of the summer with not a care in the world. Unfortunately I'm far from a big important person so I'll be schlepping to work, except for my 10 wonderful glorious vacation days that I have to decide when to take.

10. I have like 100 hours of stuff on my DVR that I haven't gotten around to watching. Time just seems to run out on me! But the pause live tv action is ruining my kids- Ethan now has to pause while he goes potty and we had to pause the Nascar race the entire time he took a bath the other night.

3 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

DVR is the best thing ever, isn't it! I like that idea of starting over with clothes as I am bored with most of mine, too. Unfortunately, I, like you, do not have the income to get a whole new wardrobe, so you must update us on how your friend's experiment turns out!

Anonymous said...

As to your exercise dilema, try the Biggest Loser Cardio-Max DVD. If nothing else, you will lose every once of water in your being due to sheer exhaustion and extreme sweating. I have never had a cardio video kick my butt until this one.

And, I'm always bored with my clothes, but I fix it with a trip to the outlets. I can buy a mass volume of clothes for half the price. :)

Miss you pal!

Wendy

Cheryl Lage said...

Omigosh, how I love the Google updates; were it not for them, I'd have never happened upon your blog!

The Cheezits/Koolaid scenario is all too common. As is the "it takes a village to keep negligent mama's child from drowning."

At a mall soft play last year there were two holy terrors running amok over all the smaller kids. The parents on the perimeter all were looking at each other trying to determine who was the responsible (or lack thereof) party for the maybe 4 and 6 year old kids.

After about 20 minutes, up came a mom to the outside wall, hollered to the kids "Time to go" and they scampered out Eddie Haskell style.

Unbelievable.

Putting you on my must-read list!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.