Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy not really Halloween but trick or treating anyway day!

I seem to remember that when I was a child, Halloween was actually ON Halloween. Now it seems they move it if it's on a weekend night, if it's on a church night, if the day ends in y, or whatever. So we're trick or treating tonight. SOMEONE, who I believe was my MIL, thought it would be "cute" to teach the kids to say "Trick or treat, give me some candy," which Ethan turned into "Trick or Treat, give Ethan Emma candy!" and Emma kept the original, though hers was shouted at about 30 decibels. So last night we practiced the proper trick or treat techniques, with the threat of having to give back the candy if it's done improperly. I think that I have them under control, and now the speil goes ding dong (that's the doorbell), "Trick or treat", with a prompt thank you after candy is given. Fingers crossed.

Since we're going to my MIL's subdivision tonight, and the kids will be all cracked out on sugar, I'm posting pics from a less saccarin induced coma night, when the kids went to their friend Will's birthday/Halloween bash at Billie Bob's. Bad Mommy forgot to take pics actually AT the bash, so you'll have to take my word for it that the kiddos were cute, including the birthday boy dressed as Thomas the Train, which enthralled Ethan. (Side note- WHY are those things so darned expensive??)

So for your viewing pleasure, Dora and Diego.





Happy Halloween, y'all!

5 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

WHAT? I just read your comment on my blog and then this post. No trick or treating on actual Halloween is unamerican!

Love, love, LOVE the costumes! What a perfect way to dress twins--complimentary but not too matchy! The are adorable!

Pesky Pescatarian said...

Oh my! Andrea, they are cute as buttons!! Just ADORABLE!

- Jessica the Gnome

Kimberly said...

OMG soooo cute!!!!! They are the perfect compliment to one another...and to think...they picked it out themselves!!!!

Neurotic Atty said...

How cute! I especially love Dora's wig -- it cracks me up!

Paula said...

too cute!!!our trick or treat it tonight, i will post some pictures!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.