Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hot pumpkins

Let's see if Blogger will let me publish this the THIRD TIME. Am I the only one who constantly has this trouble?



So, for any of you who read my blog roll friends, you’ll see that Jonathan’s Mommy and Jonathan, Desperate Housemommy, Hailey and Max, and the whole Twinkie Clan went to the Pumpkin Festival this weekend. It was great fun, even if it was hotter than the hinges of Hades. The biggest disappointment to me was that the kids didn’t get to wear their super cute Halloween themed clothes. Ethan’s is a glow in the dark skeleton shirt (but he also has one with a mummy that says "I love my mummy") and Emma’s has a cute little witch on it and says "I left my princess costume at home." Here’s a plug for Children’s Place, and since my MIL works there part time, my kids are pretty much a walking advertisement for them.



Here's the best I could do at a pic of them together. It's one of the best I've gotten in a while, but it looks so weird to see them in shorts and t-shirts amongst all the fall stuff!

Enjoying our pumpkin ice cream. Man, those lines were long but so worth it!
Like Jonathan, Ethan dreams of being a farmer. This is compounded by the fact that Gramps has a John Deere super duper mower, and Gramps is pretty much a hero round these parts. Here's Super Big E and MawMaw on the giant John Deere.
Emma Doo on the giant tire.
E on the giant tire. About this time the Carmichael Equipment dude started walking around us so we felt it was time to leave. We don't really have a need for giant tractors in the subdivision.
On a final note, the kids are going to be Dora and Diego for Halloween, since that's all they talk about is wanting to dress up like Dora and Diego and yell "Trick or Treat!" So I ordered the costumes on Friday and paid a pretty penny for what I'm sure will be really high quality polyester, and they tell me that the costumes will arrive on or around OCT. 25! WHAT??? So, 20 days? Um, these are Halloween costumes, maybe you should have informed me that you had super slow shipping! But I'm hoping they were just giving me a really long estimate, or they're going to have an irate Mami on their hands if those costumes don't arrive.

4 comments:

Paula said...

super cute pictures! i know about the weather...lydia is going to be out of 6 month clothes before she gets to wear all the cute fall stuff from sophie!

Neurotic Atty said...

I couldn't even make myself go to the Pumpkin Festival as hot as it was. It's just not right! But I'm glad you guys had fun, shorts and all. I still love Emma's little glasses. They're so cute!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Dora and Diego is a great idea! They are going to be so cute--can't wait to see the pictures! And October 25?? That makes me nervous!

It was great to see you guys this weekend even if it was in a sweaty state! I just LOVE Emma's glasses--they are even cuter in person than the pictures show!

Jonathan totally wanted to take one of those tractors home, but since our back yard is the size of a postage stamp and our front yard even smaller, we don't have much use for one either. So we had to settle for the wooden version, which was after I had to talk my mom out of buying him a pop gun. That would have been a disaster!

Janice said...

How fun! Those tractor tires are a big hit with Cameron as well. We just went to a pumpkin farm today and thank goodness it was much cooler than the 90 degree weather we've had last weekend!

Can't wait to see Ethan and Emma in their halloween costumes! They are going to look so cute as Dora and Diego!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.