Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or treat report

So, we did "real" trick or treating this year, not just the "go to the relatives and show off the cute kiddos" trick or treating. The kids LOVED it, and were soooo good. They said thank you every time, and their costumes were a huge hit. We actually had people stop us to take pictures of them! I hope they're not on some sicko kids costume site now, but the photographers seemed normal enough. All the other kids age 6 and under ran up to see Dora and Diego. So, it was worth the $60 plus shipping for those danged costumes I guess.

Since I totally stink and forgot my good camera, I had to resort to a point and shoot I happened to have in my purse. I'll get those developed and scanned someday, but for now, you'll have to live with the paragraph version of the highlights of the night:

-One little girl was dressed as Jojo the Clown and she was adorable, and also wore glasses, so Emma was enthralled and had to touch Jojo. Thankfully Jojo was nice and liked Dora, so they stood touching each other for a bit.
-We only saw one other Dora and one other Diego (but they weren't together) and the kids loved that. Tinkerbell and princesses seemed to be a big theme this year, along with your standard pirates, superheros and monsters. But there was a super cute Harry Potter who I think did a spell on my mom and I!
-The kids helped give out candy after they got bored, and they loved it. They would chase down kids to give candy to, much like Miss Sophie B!
-Ethan accosted some kid in a Spiderman costume who was not appreciative of Ethan's sudden love for Spiderman. I've never seen Ethan give two hoots about Spiderman before, but suddenly he was enthralled by this poor kid.
-The funniest part of the night had to be when Ethan was handing candy out to kids, and some bigger boy took the candy Ethan offered him, and Ethan turns around to his two grandmothers and I and says, loud as can be, "He not say thank you!!!" My own Mr. Manners. And Mr. Manners was sure to say "You're Yelcome" to all thank yous received. A child raising victory!

5 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

Sounds like you had a great non-Halloween trick-or-treat. And I'm so proud of Ethan for calling that kid out! How hard is it to say "thank you"???

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Your post and the one one Kim did are making me even more excited to go trick or treating tonight! I've been practicing with Jonathan and I hope he does as well as Ethan and Emma!

There were a lot of Tinkerbells and pirates at Jonathan's school Halloween party on Friday, which made me even happier that I got the mailman costume!

Kimberly said...

Love the "he not say thank-you." TOO SWEET! We saw a TON of tinkerbells and princesses too...and sophie even went up to another pirate and say ARRRRR right in his face.

Susie PSU said...

You could have gone as the Map!!

or Backpack, because I'm sure you had to carry everything they might need....

Janice said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love Ethan and Emma's costumes!!! Well worth the money!!

BTW, I love the tutu!!!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.