Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Can I get a "Let's Go....Mountaineers!"

Ok, I'm going against my word (again) and this post is completely Twinkie-less.

There are few things I love with an unbridled, sometimes unreasonable passion. One of those is WVU. I love Morgantown, and would totally live there if I could convince my parents and MIL to move. The sounds of the Pride of WV (the band) bring chills to my body and tears to my eyes. I used a version of Simple Gifts and Country Roads in my wedding processional. Blue is my favorite color. I do not miss games, and I don't answer the phone during games, so don't even call. I watch Sportscenter for a glimpse of what they're saying about my team. There are few things I want more in life than a WVU national championship.

I was crushed by the USF loss, but we have righted the ship, and all of the pieces are in place for a run to New Orleans. It's meant to be.

There are certain things you can't explain. You're either born with it or you develop it over time. One of those things is a love for WVU. I was born with it, it was hereditary in my case. I'm passing it on to my kids. It's a fire that burns in your belly, a feeling that envelops your soul.

I love my team and I believe. I truly believe. I don't care what "they" say about the Big East. I don't care if people say we don't belong. All we have to do is win and nothing else matters.

LET'S GO...MOUNTAINEERS!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preach it sister! Preach it! Let's Go Mountaineers!!!!

Wendy

Neurotic Atty said...

Two things: First, have I mentioned that my nephew is now a member of the Pride of West Virginia? I couldn't be more proud of him if he was the President of the United States! Second, I commented to someone today that WVU could beat the freakin' New England Patriots and people would STILL say that we're "overrated" and "didn't play anybody else the rest of the season." Haters.

Susie PSU said...

You guys are having a FAB-U-LOUS season!! I'm psyched for you!!

Paula said...

so do you have your hotel in NO yet? mark has already informed me to take back all his christmas presents and get him a trip to the bowl game.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I am SO happy for you and SO rooting for WVU! They have had an awesome season and totally deserve it! I figure if the Cards can't do it, WVU going to championship is the next best thing!

Anonymous said...

Amen Andrea - I love my Mountaineers too.

I cannot wait to take Vivian out to a game in Morgantown. Pitt is in deep, well you know what, when they show up this weekend.

Carrie

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.