Friday, November 9, 2007

number 99 and nothing to show

Well, this is post #99! So I've had 99 posts full of pretty much nothing, and this is no different. Random thoughts for the afternoon...

-having kids with the sniffles really stinks, especially when they can't sleep and therefore you can't sleep

-Emma is fully potty trained, and Ethan is getting there, although the thought that *most* boys are harder is ever so true for us. I did have to pull ahead in the Dairy Queen line last night as Emma was about to pee her pants, but in her defense, we did wait 20 minutes in that line. The pumpkin pie blizzard was so worth it though. And she held it and we made it inside.

-why is it so hard for me to let go of the Pullups? We've started venturing out in undies, and we always wear them at home, except at night. But when we do our weekend marathon errands, I just cannot let go of the pullups. They rarely even pee in them, but we're just in the car so much I still cling to them...

-I have officially completed more tutus. I'm working on one that's a gift for someone else's daughter, in her favorite colors of pink and yellow. Well, as favorite as a 13 month old has I guess.

-I get 10 days of vacation from Thanksgiving til New Year's, but the true holidays don't subtract from those days! I'm SOOO excited! I'm taking a random day in November for Emma's next eye appointment and some other errands, and then the whole week before Christmas, the week after that, and then til New Years Day. It will be like being back in college, or being a teacher I guess!

-Why is it so hard to decide what to put on the kids for Christmas pictures? I have to get on that.

Ok, off for the day. I have a long weekend too; ah, the virtues of state employment.

4 comments:

Susie PSU said...

Giving up the Pull Ups is hard. It's an easy crutch to use. You just have to NOT use them. Don't buy anymore. If you have to stop to use the bathroom, then just stop. Because, really, are those errands THAT important? More important than peeing in the potty?

:-)

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Oh, I dread potty training, so you are doing much better than me in that at least you're in the process!

I am SO jealous about all the vacay! I would absolutely love it!! And I am having the same problem with Christmas pictures. I'm going to have to go out this weekend and try to find something I like!

Kimberly said...

YAY for Emma being potty trained. I'm all ears for any tips you have when my time comes. I bet Ethan will be fully potty trained in no time flat!

Paula said...

i hear you with the state holidays...this is when i love working in the school system..

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.