Thursday, September 27, 2007

In my world...

Ok, so I know it’s been forever and a day (or about 3 weeks) since I’ve posted but I’ve been seriously busy. It seems like a day doesn’t go by where the kids or I are getting invited to a party, or planning some activity. So, the posting has been scarce but I vow to do better in October. IN fact, I have pictures on deck for you if I ever get to do a proper post. Instead of a picture post, I decided to give you a list of the goings on in my world. So, without further adieu, here you go.


IN MY WORLD:

-banana starts with an M - "manana" and goes with any meal.

-I have to sing the WVU Alma Mater to my son before bed every night. He refers to it as the Go Go song, which was their name for WVU (since they always hear Mommy yelling "GO GO" at the TV) before they could say West Virginia.

-every time any football team in the world comes on television, Emma runs up with her hands in the air screaming "Go Mou-ta-eers!" or "Defense defense defense!" Hm, wonder where she got that from? But it does make my heart swell with pride every time.

-the words "I have to potty" are like sounding an alarm in our house, and cause said kid to be quickly dragged to the potty wherever we may be. Unfortunately, they are smarter than we are and now know this can be used to get out of church and to make bedtime 10 minutes later.

-ketchup must be on every dinner plate, even if it’s only for decoration.

-if given a choice, every meal of Emma’s would contain pancakes

-Ethan has a mean 3 point stance. I’m convinced he’s the next Owen Schmitt. But he’ll probably refuse to wear a helmet to play football.

-Barbie’s friend Nikki has been officially renamed Mikki and is Emma’s new BFF.

-Ethan’s Tony Stewart obsession is going strong still, and everything orange gets labeled "Oh, Tony likes that!" and any Home Depot sign or commercial gets met with a resounding "There’s Tony’s sign!"

-Any person, place, thing or food that doesn’t immediately please Ethan is labeled with "I don’t LIKE it, it’s YUCKY." Including Lovey Bear. Five minutes later, it’s "Where Lubby Bear? I like Lubby Bear." So far, Mommy, Mawmaw, Gramps and Nanny have been labeled yucky.

-Emma has a princess costume. Enough said. Thanks, Mawmaw for feeding her narcissism.

-Please pray for us, as I will be taking 2 children to Billy Bob’s (a Chuck E Cheese knockoff for those not from around here) for a church party this weekend. If I have hair left by Saturday evening I will deem it a success.

5 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

Well, it's about time! You can't possibly be that busy! I mean, all you have to do is work all day, tend to 2 kids all evening, and then keep the house up. You'd think you could blog in there somewhere! ;P Hey, good luck at Billy Bob's...I'll be praying for you. I had to go there once to pick up a donation. 15 minutes later, I was sure I was having a stroke, and one of those kids kicked me in the shin!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

You are a brave woman to go to Billy Bob's with two children! Good luck with your hair and your sanity!

Looking forward to October and a bunch of new posts!!

Kimberly said...

May the force be with you at Billy Bobs!

Anonymous said...

Have fun at Billy Bob's. I've heard it's better for the little ones than Chuckie Cheese is. It's about time you posted another blog!!! Pray for me too...I'm leaving this evening for Kings Island. My pregnant butt will be waddling around that huge place and I can't even ride any rides...unless the kiddie rides count! Hope Will and Mike have fun...I'm SURE I will! :)
P.S. - I'm having another BOY!

Anonymous said...

Have fun at Billy Bob's. I've heard it's better for the little ones than Chuckie Cheese is. It's about time you posted another blog!!! Pray for me too...I'm leaving this evening for Kings Island. My pregnant butt will be waddling around that huge place and I can't even ride any rides...unless the kiddie rides count! Hope Will and Mike have fun...I'm SURE I will! :)
P.S. - I'm having another BOY!

Amanda Lea :)

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.