Sunday, September 9, 2007

Part II (fish tales)

Ok, here are our fish exploits. We started to take the kids to the aquarium but since I dealt with Cranky I and Cranky II much of the time, due to them being sick, we chose not to drop that amount of cash for someplace we might have stayed for 5 minutes because of potential fit throwing.

Here they are feeding the big old nasty koy (well, I think they're koy) at Barefoot Landing. Those fish are huge and will eat anything. And, of course they're free to keep in that huge lake since idiot parents like me continually plunge quarters into the fish food machines for the joy of watching our offspring feed the equivalent of rats in the aqua world. Maybe I should put my kids in an enclosed area, put a machine that sells animal crackers around and let people pay to feed them...hmmm. College fund?

This isn't a good picture (we've previously established my lack of photography skill) but you can sort of see the koy.
More feeding. 76 quarters and a fit later, we moved on.
Here is the Redneck and Free version of the aquarium. Yes folks, I took my kids to the Bass Pro Shop to look at their live fish rather than paying $29 each to go to the aquarium. What can I say, I'm a state employee now. BUt they loved the fish. I love these pics.
This fish did circles and kept coming back like this to Emma. I think it liked her shirt or hairbow or something.

1 comment:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

HA--that's funny you called it the redneck aquarium experience! One of my co-workers told me about the aquariums at the Bass Pro Shop here and I have already planned to take Jonathan the next time it's rainy!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.