Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Halloween debate for my two punkins

Ok, no pics again, sorry, I was dealing with cell phone issues all evening. I promise, soon.

So, it's getting to be that time of year, wherein I have to decide how completely adorable I will make my children. Last year they actually tied for first in a costume contest, Emma got one vote as Dorothy, Ethan got a vote as scarecrow, and the third judge couldn't decide between them! It was funny that the judges didn't know they were twins til I took them both up to get their prizes.

Anywho, I've asked them repeatedly what or who they want to be, and I've gotten every answer from Dora and Diego (and a brief time when Ethan wanted to be Diego's sister Alicia!) to Elmo (Emma) and Oscar (Ethan) to Zoey (Emma) and Elmo (Ethan). I'm thinking I have this year only to pull the wool over their eyes and dress them as I see fit, as opposed to what they want. I know, I'm a mean mommy.

So, here are my thoughts, and I'd like any outside suggestions:

1. Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Doctor Seuss.

2. Twinkies (but the logistics of this one include major costume creation by Mommy, not sure if that will happen)

3. Dora and Diego

4. some form of the Sesame Street characters

5. or allow them to do something of their own interest, and not be "twinlike"- Emma is a HUGE ballerina anything fan right now, and Ethan loves trains, so we could go that way.

So what say you blog readers?

Editted to add: Last year they were obviously Dorothy and the Scarecrow; the year before they were Superman and Wonder Woman.

7 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

My vote is for Thing One and Thing Two. I saw those costumes in a magazine recently and actually thought about you and the Twinkies!

Susie PSU said...

I vote for Thing One and Thing Two, too! Adorable...

Anonymous said...

I say put them in whatever you want to! I am making Will Mickey Mouse because he loves him and I suggested to TT that she make Lucas Minnie. I got a dirty look...of course I was only kidding! I think he will be someone else from the clubhouse though. Emma will be into ballerinas again at a later age so I say do what you want!!! :)

Amanda Lea

Kimberly said...

Love the idea of Thing 1 and Thing 2. And no way I'd let them pick..one day you'll NEVER have a say in what they are so I'd enjoy it while you can!

Anonymous said...

I love the Thing 1 and Thing 2 idea!!!! That would be so super cute! They will be picking their own costumes soon enough- do what you want while you still can.

Jenny

Neurotic Atty said...

Thing 1 and Thing 2 would be super easy and very cute. I love the Twinkies idea, too, though. There's gotta be a way to do that without it getting too complicated. Hmmm...let me think about that one...

Anonymous said...

Thing One and Thing Two would be totally cute! I cannot imagine them keeping the crazy wigs on though. Maybe I should be the stray vote and say let them be what they want to be-- Twinks' rights!

Wendy

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.