Monday, April 2, 2007

Facial explosions and hoarding twinkies

So, as you may have read on the famous 3 Carrs blog, I went out of town with the girls for a weekend. I had been fighting a sinus infection for a week and the addition of the elevation kicked it into full, kick my ass, feels like my face will explode and teeth will fall out strength. So I broke down and went to a Doc in the Box who I’m convinced I could have told I was a space alien who needed Prozac and Lortabs and he would’ve given it to me. But I came out of it with Augmentin which he tells me I can continue taking the cold medicine with. So I’m pretty doped up right now and the left side of my face still hurts, but I’m surviving. Other than the near facial explosion it was a good time!

I realized this morning that my kids are becoming little people and are not babies anymore. Nanny was asking Emma about her weekend, and Emma told her that she went to the doctor (which she didn’t, I wouldn’t subject them to the Urgent Care for my illness!), and Nanny asks her why, so Emma says her back hurt. Where she got all this I don’t know. I didn’t even realize she knew I was going to the doctor but I guess my little sponge absorbed it without me knowing. I was a little surprised to discover that Ethan has been using the vacuum hose attachment as a storage space, since when I pulled it out several goldfish and cheerios fell out. Then again, this is the same child who saves ½ of his Krispy Kreme portion in their play kitchen microwave and then eats it the next day. I guess he’s like a squirrel, he has to hoarde his food in case we run out.

No comments:

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.