Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm losin it...

I’m not sure when it began happening, but I’m pretty sure I’m losing it. I often find myself in a room in my house (which believe me, isn’t very big) and wondering, why did I come in here again? I’ve now left my house 3 mornings in a row without my sunglasses, and since Mr. Sun has finally decided to rejoin us, that’s a bad thing. So I’m relegated to wearing the sunglasses that are broken on one side in the car just so I can see to get to work. I yet again forgot to put pics on the computer or bring the camera to work with me. And just ask Katie and Jenny how long I’ve had their candles, which they finally got yesterday. Um, since about late January. Don’t even get me started on remembering birthdays. I think ahead and remember them, but when the actual day comes, I totally forget. Nice. I think I’m going to start buying cards and sending all cards for each month at the first of the month. (Then again I have a giant stack of unsent birthday cards in my house, so that’s probably a no go too).

I thought for a while it was “twin brain” but I don’t think the hormones from their birth could possibly still be screwing with me. So I’ve come to the conclusion I’m just losing it. I’m sure I don’t have to tell most of you that! LOL. Read a few pages and you’ll agree.

Ok, so I do have a humorous story for you. This weekend, Emma had napped all the way to church so when it came time for her actual after church nap she slept for about 10 minutes and was done with that mess. I planned to go grocery shopping while the kids were asleep, but since she was up, I took her with me. Let me tell you how weird it is to only have one kid with you. Anywho, we’re shopping in the Evil Empire and she’s been pretty good, mostly because she’s getting a pair of cheapo fairy stompers to play in and a Dora pillowcase, which is all it takes to make her happy. She’s playing with the list, and then says “ink pen.” This child loves to draw, especially with a pen. I say, showing her my empty hands, “mommy doesn’t have an ink pen.” She looks at me, considers this statement, and says “Pocketbook.” The little squirt KNEW I had a pen in my purse and outsmarted me. So I had to give in, but the drawing didn’t last long since I had to take the pen away after she drew on her hand. We spent the rest of the trip with her helping me push the cart and saying “Scuse me, scuse us!” loudly to anyone within earshot. That’s good manners, even if she’s yelling it, right??


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I bet it was strange to have only one of the kids with you! If your losin it...then I'm losin it too!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

You are definitely NOT losing it! I seem to have the same lack of memory myself, so I may just be saying this in defense of myself, but still...

Unrelated, I think it is SO amazing that Emma looks like you and Etahn looks like Michael! Too cute!!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.