Monday, April 9, 2007

Not so long weekend, Part I

Ok, so I took a ton of pictures this weekend but they’re all at home. I’ll try to post some tonight.

Am I the only person who has all these grandiose plans for those rare 3 day weekends (don’t even respond to this Kim since you have 3 day weekends almost every weekend!!!)? I always think I’m going to get sooo much done, and I swear, after this weekend I’m even more behind. So I’m renewing my vow to make better use of my time. Any bets on how long this will work?

So, here are some highlights of the not so long weekend:

I was first lulled into a false sense of security by two kids in great moods on Friday morning. Ethan wanted a banana after breakfast and even nicely shared it with Emma rather than running from her with it or shoving it in her face. It was sweet the way he took a bite then fed her a bite. I should have known something was up. About an hour later I’m chatting on the phone for apparently way too long, and Emma was watching Disney and eating a snack. I realized that I hadn’t heard Ethan rearranging the playroom like he was doing a little while back, and it was eerily quiet down the hall. Bad sign, as all mommies know. Somehow, he had gotten into his room, which I swear the door was closed, so either he can now open doors and I’m totally screwed or somehow it hadn’t fully latched. Well, he’s figured out our high tech “keep the drawers closed” system we have going on the changing table, which consists of two stretchy headbands hooked together and around the knobs. He had opened the door where we keep the baby lotion, powder, oil, baby wash, shampoo, etc. He had then proceeded to dump mass quantities of lotion and baby soap on the floor and ottoman. Then my little Monet was painting the carpet with it, but it was only pale yellow so I guess that was disappointing. I did refrain from killing him because in truth it was my fault for not paying close enough attention but he did get a time out. I don’t think he really cared and I’m pretty sure he thought it was worth it.

A few lessons came from this:

-quiet is always bad unless they are asleep
-don’t talk on the phone for more than 10 minutes with 2 almost 2 year olds in the house
-Johnson’s hair and body wash will remove green crayon from an ottoman
-it is very hard to clean soap out of a carpet since the more you rub the more suds appear
-if you want a nursery to smell good dump a bunch of soap and lotion into the floor.

More on the weekend later…

4 comments:

supermommysquared said...

I feel partially at fault because it was me you were talking to, so I am really sorry. My blog should make you feel better :)

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I can totally imagine how you must have felt upon seeing that mess, and I bet you're right about Ethan thinking it was worth it!!

Anonymous said...

First, I'm jealous you got a 3 day weekend, though that explains why you weren't around on Friday. It sounds like Ethan is both cunning and creative though, which I'm sure will be good later in life. Good luck with the carpet though.
Katie

Janice said...

You are so funny!!!! I have not had the pleasure of cleaning up shampoo or lotion - yet, but a quiet house is definitely something to be concerned about unless the kids are both sleeping. I learned that the hard way when Cameron had quietly pulled our vertical blinds off. I'm still amazed how he had done it without a peep since I was just in the other room. :-)

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.