Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I wear my sunglasses...

So what is it with sunglasses that makes them a toddler obsession? Heaven forbid my kids wear their OWN sunglasses; no, they’d rather steal an adult’s. The ones in these pictures are from Alaina’s friend Chris. Unfortunately they are a nice pair of Oakleys as opposed to my cheapo Target ones that they generally put tiny little sticky fingerprints on. They did survive the visit, through some miracle. So now the kids, especially Emma, are back to stealing my sunglasses, which they then wear wherever we are, including in the car, outside, or at the local Shoney’s. The most embarrassing place Emma has donned my sunglasses? Oh, how about while the pastor was praying over the children at CHURCH. Nice. I’m sure people there are questioning my parenting skills. Sigh. She looks a bit like Nicole Ritchie in my sunglasses; should I send her to reform school when she turns 2?




3 comments:

supermommysquared said...

Hailey has broken 2 pairs of my sunglasses, but amazingly enough both pair iof her cheapo sunglasses are fine. Gooed luck with taking the bink away at 2...you are much braver than me...I value my sleep and am selfish :) I own it

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Jonathan is not at all interested in my sunglasses. He's more into electronic devices, particularly my cell phone. I secretly hope he destroys it since it'd really like a new one, but no luck so car...

We're still on bink at bed time only and during naps on weekends. He gave it up on his own at school during naps, so maybe it won't be so hard to try to go without at night?? I'm going to try for it Memorial Day weekend...

Kimberly said...

What a nice/crazy guy to let them play with his Oakley's! I bet people were cracking up when Emma had those glasses on at church!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.