Thursday, April 26, 2007

The saga of the night and AI

No pics today, sorry, but I do have a story to share.

So, last night about 7 pm I’m hanging with Michael, Jane (MIL), and the kids, attempting to convince the kids to get in the bath tub. All the sudden our doorbell rings, which is odd since most people just walk into our house who know us. Jane looks out the window and says, “It’s a cop!” So we’re like, oh, they must be looking for someone or something. Yeah, they were looking for MY HUSBAND.

You see, over a year ago he got a speeding ticket in Mercer County. He failed to pay it, claiming he “forgot,” which in his defense he was working at least 80 hours a week at the time. Anywho, come about April 2006, we get certified letters two days in a row threatening license suspension. He still keeps forgetting to fix it, and then the license gets suspended. Finally, after endless nagging by me, his mom, and my parents, he gets it taken care of, pays the reinstatement, etc. Fast forward to February 2007- I get a call at work from my mom telling me Michael and I each got a certified letter from the DMV saying that our licenses and his license plate were going to be suspended for no insurance. I call him immediately and start bitching him out. He says he already took care of all that, but then contacts the DMV who says that the insurance stuff and the license suspension stuff are two different departments and he had to contact each one to be sure it was all processed. He does this before the Feb. 28 deadline, so allegedly no licenses or license plates are suspended.

We hear no more about this til Mr. State Trooper comes to remove his plate last night. Now Trooper D was a super nice guy, and I totally think that he was going to “forget” he’d been there and come back today after Michael had straightened it out, til he calls the barracks and finds out that MICHAEL’S DRIVER’S LICENSE IS SUSPENDED. By this point Jane and I are ready to beat him. I TOLD him that DMV is slow and stupid and once his license got suspended it’s like pulling teeth to fix it. Hello, I worked there in college. You have to stay on them to be sure they pull the suspension off. So he takes the plate and Michael and I have to ride to work together. Thankfully nice Trooper D called to be sure MY license was valid. And it is. So there’s my saga for the night. Of course my kids are peeking over the baby gate and over the side of the couch at Mr. Trooper in the foyer. Nice. Oh, and did I mention the neighbors were outside having a party? We are officially rednecks.

On another note, I watched most of Idol last night and it was super good! I cried through like the whole thing and kept thinking, what is wrong with this world that some people have so much, yet others have nothing? I can’t even write about it, it makes me too sad. Think of the money we’re spending on this war, and how it could virtually eliminate things like hunger, AIDS spread in Africa, kids dying of diseases like malaria that are curable. I cannot imagine my kid dying of a completely preventable and curable disease because I don’t have access to a doctor. Crushing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are officially "those" neighbors now! Too funny! I can't imagine the looks on Emma and Ethan's faces with the state trooper standing there. Good luck getting it straightened out though.

Katie

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! And I thought Jared forgetting he had a 5:30 depo in Huntington yesterday (after we had ridden to work together) was bad!!! Well I'm glad that no one got carted off to jail! Tell Michael we all knew he was trouble from the begining... :)

Jenny

Kimberly said...

Ok 1st of all it is pathetic that they would send a state trooper out for something like that!! I mean they are making meth like crazy in Putnam county but the cops are more interested in taking plates off of highly educated well paid people's cars.

TwinMommyLawchick said...

What's the most pathetic is that we have like 300k in car insurance coverage, and there are fools out there driving with NONE, and we're the ones they hunt down. The trooper was like, wait a minute, you're both lawyers? We're like, yeah...he started laughing. I told him we have 6x the insurance that most people have. He totally believed us taht it was a mixup and he's holding the plate for Michael.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

OMG--That totally sounds like something Bryan would do! How embaressing!! I bet Ethan and Emma thought was pretty cool to see a police officer though...

And isn't that the truth--here a state trooper was at your house when there are crimes all over Putnam County? I guess you guys were easier to find...

supermommysquared said...

You always liked those bad boys Andrea! You should ask Jenn sometime about Bryan's little brush with the law and traffic tickets. Cam is quite boring compared you your two hubbys :) He just has the tattoos!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.