Monday, May 14, 2007

Birthday eve...

Ok, I forgot my picture card and the CD with the professional shots that were done Saturday. I’ll promise them for tomorrow. For today, be bored with my ode to my twins on their 2nd birthday eve. For now, go to Kim's page.

To both of my babies…thank you for being patient with me when I’m not always patient with you. Thank you for letting me watch you develop into your own unique human beings. Thank you for being a constant source of entertainment and a constant topic of my conversations (sorry everyone else!). Thank you for the hugs and kisses. Thank you for letting me rock you to sleep from time to time. Thank you for the smiles. Thank you for making me feel like the most important person in the world when I walk through the door and you yell out “mommy!” and run to greet me. Thank you for breaking the bottle habit so easily. Thank you for not being picky eaters. Thank you for at least attempting to behave, most of the time. Thank you for letting me feel like I do some things right when you recite all your colors, or count the sugar packets at Crackerbarrel, or tell me what shape something is.

To my baby boy…You are so smart sometimes it’s scary, but you don’t let people know what you know til it’s convenient for you (like the fact that you can open doors or disassemble any item you find). I love that you can find something yellow anywhere, and I love how happy that makes you. I love that look on your face when you’re trying to stay out of trouble, the one that screams “look how cute I am, you can’t be mad at me!” I love that you can sleep through anything. I love how you sing along with your Elmo book, and dance to any music you can find. I love that you’d rather run than walk. I love that you have perfect little boy hair. I love your clear baby blue eyes. I love to hear you laugh so hard you lose your breath when I tickle you. I love to hear you say “no way!” I love to see you look for Lovie Bear when he’s missing, including on your hands and knees, peering under the couch. I love how you yell “Tada” when you do something impressive. I love it when you give me a squeeze and grunt. I love for you to pretend to be so strong by carrying the milk jug across the room or try to lift up Mommy’s car. I love that you can throw a ball pretty darn well for a 2 year old. I love how rough you are, that you don’t even cry when you hit your head or fall. I love how you yell “uh oh” when you fall off the slide or teetertotter instead of crying.

To my baby girl…I love how verbal you are, and how you can tell me anything you want me to know. I love how cuddly you are, and how you love Mommy more than anyone. I love that you are completely fearless. I love your jellybean butt with the one little freckle on it. I love that you have brown eyes. I love that you have long thick flowing beautiful hair. I love to see you rock your babies, and how you name them all Emma. I love that you can spell your name. I love that you are pigheaded. I love how easily you can figure things out, and that we already can’t trick you anymore. I love how you wink at people in church and then giggle. I love that you ask for pancakes every single morning. I love how you yell “Cuse me” when we go through a store. I love how when you really want something, you always say “pease!” I love how you pretend to clean with your wipe. I love how you can color for hours. I love how much you love shoes and clothes. I love that you want to shoot hoops all the time. I love how you put on my sunglasses and look like a 3 foot tall Nicole Ritchie. I love how prissy you are. I love that you have 2 skinned knees and a skinned side but you never cried for any of those falls. I love that you’re a tomboy who still loves hairbows and the color pink.

Happy birthday babies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time at the party on Saturday- wish I could have stayed longer! Happy Birthday eve to Ethan and Emma!!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

You need to print this out and store uit away somewhere that you can show it to the later on. This was incredably warm and touching. I think you know you are blessed and are truely thankful for it. I also think when the twinkies get older and have this to be able to look back on that they will realize that they too are blessed and will be thankful for you everyday.
Kelly/ Fairie

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.