Monday, March 5, 2007

A cry for help from Lovey Bear...

Hi! My name is Lovey Bear and I’m a blue bear head and arms with a blanket body. I’ve hijacked Andrea’s blog today because I have an issue that needs spoken about. I’m thinking of starting a petition or maybe even a support group. My issue is….lovey abuse.

Yes, that’s right. My name is Lovey Bear and I’m a victim of lovey abuse. My best friend Ethan loves me very much, but he is not so nice to me. I’m often carried away in his mouth, and sometimes I’m caught in a tug of war between my best friend and his mean old sister, who carries around this stupid pink bunny who looks remarkably like me. My arms are nearly stuffingless and I have a bright red stain on my forehead. Every once in a while the big one called “mommy” sticks me in hot water and I get swooshed around with a bunch of smelly baby clothes. I get stepped on, layed on and worse, drooled on, on a regular basis. I don’t get to eat, but generally have to sit right by Ethan and get crumbs dropped on me. My manly silky lining is starting to pull and fray, and I’m sure that my ears are loose. All this because I’m a good friend, and keep out all the boogymen at night and fight off the monsters in the closet.

Friends, it’s time to band together against lovey abuse. I’m going to pass out pale blue ribbons in support of my cause. Please join me in stopping this abuse once and for all.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You crack me up! You know...I think it is kind of sad that Sophie isn't attached to anything cute like a Lovey. I put one in her bed at night and she could care less. I guess she loves on Oscar the Boxer a lot. Have the twinkies loved their lovies for a long time now?

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea, it's Andy. - Oh my, your children aren't the only ones! Nora has two, yes two, "Huggy Pups" or as she calls him "Hu Pup". She has had the original one since she was around three months old, she used to suck her thumb and rub his ears. Now that she doesn't suck her thumb, she chews, sucks on, tries to eat, etc. his ears. The original one has two small teeth marks completely through his one ear. She has to have both of them wherever she goes. I have to wash them at least once a week because they begin to smell pretty bad. That is a very long time for Nora to be away from "Hu Pup". I am sure he thinks just like Lovey Bear - she can be pretty rough with him at times. I guess almost all kids have something they are attached to.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.