Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Positive Thinking and American Idol

Good morning. I’m over my hissy fit of yesterday. I’m trying to comfort myself by thinking there has to be a REASON I am where I am right now, and at some point a wonderful opportunity will come my way if I stay positive. So that’s my focus right now. Positive thinking. I’ll let you know how that goes.

On another note, I generally don’t watch American Idol. I sort of lost interest the year Fantasia won, and have only watched bits and pieces since then. Well, during the commercials of To Catch a Predator (I know, I’m obsessed with that show, I blogged about it on MySpace before), I flipped to it. The only person I saw was Sanjaya (sorry if that’s spelled wrong but you get it). Now I did see him in his auditions initially, and while he was all right, he shouldn’t have made it this far in my uneducated opinion. He was like high school show choir level, not American Idol. Yet he is in the top 12. Well, last night he was terrible. The judges didn’t even know what to say, so they told him they liked his hair. That’s pretty bad. How did he get that far? That’s why I stopped watching, because people would get to the final 12 who weren’t very good it seemed.

I’m just mad that stupid AI has disrupted my evening television viewing, because they’ve moved House and I can’t even find Bones anymore at all.

In closing, just let me say GO EERS! You got hosed out of the NCAA tournament but we’re gonna take the NIT crown!! (stupid Stanford and their 18-12 record in the PAC-10, I hope you lose first round)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I've totally given up on AI. Apparently the vast majority of voters must be 12 year old girls who have the hots for what's his name. Irks to no end!

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning =o) Just wanted to chime in on the A.I. thing.. My mom was telling me about this the other day. I don't know if it's just a rumor or not.. but she told me that the whole nation of India was voting for that guy. Your right, he isn't very good. I think there is also an A.I. vote for the worst website where they choose the worst person and everyone votes to keep them in. Not that I'm watching, but it will be interesting to see just how far this guy can go.. hopefully not until the end.

supermommysquared said...

I only started watching AI last year and the same thing happened with Kelli Pickler...she was never very good, but she was better than Sanjaya could ever be. It is true about the website, so they ruib it for everyone as well.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.