Wednesday, March 7, 2007

I am a bad friend and I love HOUSE

I am a bad friend. I try really hard not to be, but I am just a bad friend. I forget birthdays often, and even when I remember, I forget to send a card or call. Or I go to the trouble of buying a card and then forget to mail it. I have a stack of unsent cards at my house. My oldest friend Tasha still hasn’t received her Christmas present. You’d think after being friends with someone for 15 years we could manage to get together sometime in the month of December and exchange gifts. Sad.

I’m also bad at returning emails. I save them in my inbox, and they beckon me to answer yet I always forget, then when I remember I don’t have time. And I hardly ever talk on the phone anymore unless it’s necessary.

So, to all my friends out there, I’m really sorry! I do love y’all to pieces but I just stink. I resolve from here on out to do better.

Side note: happy belated birthday to my friends Cheryl and Sara, who don’t even read this blog. It’s the thought that counts, right?

Now, onto something else…House was soooo good last night. I even sat through the last 10 minutes of AI just to wait for House. I am obsessive about that show. I have Season 1 on DVD and want Season 2. This comes from someone who thinks that having TV shows on DVD is stupid. House is clearly the exception and I am in love with Hugh Laurie. Hey, you! Stop laughing! He’s hot! I don’t watch Grey’s or Gilmore Girls or Desperate Housewives or any of the shows people often obsess over, so give me my House. And Bones is back on tonight! Whoo hoo. Stupid American Idol kickin my good shows off for 3 weeks and then after this week for 2 more weeks. But another new episode March 27! My calendar is marked!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I remember during law school us girls would chat on the phone for HOURS! Ahhh..all that free time was so nice. Oh and question about House, was that Dave Matthews as the patient? It sure as heck looked like him!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

YES! It was DM.

Unknown said...

I too was terribly bad at remembering events, specially birthdays. I either used to remember them a week earlier or a week later. But now http://www.forgetmeneversolutions.com> helped me remembering birthdays in a simpler way with the reminder services. Just log on and feel the difference.

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.