Monday, March 12, 2007

weight loss and my kids' country twang

Whoo hoo! It’s finally happened. People are starting to notice that I’ve lost weight. Thank goodness, and it’s about flippin time. I’ve officially lost 19.6 pounds but I’m calling it 20. I think I have that right.

It’s kind of funny because I worry more about my clothes than what I weigh. I have some “test” clothing that I keep trying on to determine what I’m losing. My “test” khakis now fit comfortably. My fat clothes from before I started this are now too big and I can’t wear them. My jeans that were so much too small that I couldn’t pull them up now pull all the way up and fasten, although you won’t see those on me for another few pounds. My test skirt is within about 3 pounds of looking good. The best part about this diet is that I certainly haven’t adhered 100% to it, more like about 90%, and it still works! I’ve had several people lately comment on the loss, so I’m pleased. However, I need to start working out and get some weight off my hips and legs, because I’m losing it other places and I need to get the booty down.

On another note, I played with the kids outside all weekend. It was great! If I were only a photographer I could have captured the weekend but I’m not unfortunately. If so, you might see pictures of us swinging, going down the slide, attempting to fly kites, throwing and kicking balls, taking walks and meeting new kiddos in the neighborhood. Anyone out there want to start following me around with a camera??

Oh, and another cute story: Emma now plays her baby piano and sings twinkle twinkle little star. However, her version goes like this: Tinkle tinkle staaawwwrrr, tinkle tinkle stawwwwrrr, complete with random piano notes. I swear my kids’ Boone County roots have popped out and they’re 3 generations removed. They also say “liiiiiigghht” and “iiiiiccceee” in a very country twang. I have no idea why as no one I know says light and ice in that manner.

Here’s a cute Ethan story to end this entirely too long blog: We’re teeter tottering with a kid on each side and mom and dad pushing up and down. Well, I have Emma and she actually holds on, so I’m just holding the seat to move her up and down. Michael fails to hold onto Ethan and I keep saying, hold on E, hold onto the handle. Right as the teeter totter reaches its apex down he falls, flat on his face. I expect a huge scene and missing front teeth, but he rolls over and says, “whooooaaaa” and collapses in a fit of giggles. That boy has no sense, and lacks the ability to feel pain.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

CONGRATS on the weight loss....I'm lagging far far behind with and a mere 8 pounds down. And I have some test clothes too!
I'm sooooo glad that it is getting warm! We'll all have to go to the park together one day!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.