Friday, March 2, 2007

losing focus...

Do ya ever just lose focus on just about everything in your life? I am at that point right now. It’s like I’ve developed ADD for adults. I only wish it was ADHD, I could use the energy of some hyperactivity. I can’t focus on anything at work for more than a few minutes, and the same thing with household chores, my diet, etc. I’ve lost about 18 pounds so far, and it’s starting to show a bit, but I’ve slacked some in the past couple of weeks. I think I need a vacation. Ok, I do need a vacation. I haven’t had a day off since New Year’s day, and had to work most of last weekend. I’ve just been exhausted.

On a random note, I’ve been looking at some people’s blogs, following links from my friend Kim’s blog and then through those blogs to other blogs. Many of those people are wonderful with cameras and are either amateur or pro photographers. The one thing I don’t get though- why do so many people edit their photos so much? Like I saw one photo of a little boy with blue eyes. In most of the shots his eyes were just blue. But in one of them the mom (I think she was his mom) had photoshopped the kid til his eyes were this strange electric blue and his cheeks and lips were strangely red. Why would I want a pic with my kid all altered? Seems odd to me. But then again I’m a crappy photographer and will not invest in photoshop for my sad pics.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

YAY! I knew it wouldn't take you long to jump on the blogspot ban wagon. And I agree that some people go over board on the photoshop...but when you get your new camera (which I'm sure it is just a matter of time) you'll see that PS is a MUST! Just not to much.

Janice said...

Hi! I saw your blog through Kim's and just wanted to hi!

I usually edit my pics because I am one of those crappy amateur photographers. I only have a point and shoot camera and half the time it won't do the things I'd like it to do. But some people do crazy with the editing and they can look really freaky. Let's hope I'm not one of them:-).

Anne said...

welcome to the world of mommy blogging :) You'll see that it'll get kind of addicting once you get the hang of it! I like it because I can look back when things happened and what I felt at the time. I hope I get a chance to photograph your twins soon. -Anne

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.