Friday, March 23, 2007

Mommy secrets

My mommy secrets:

I HATE “Goodnight Moon” and have hidden it before, but drat, we have two copies.
My kids love French fries and Pringles.
There is at least one toy in every room in my house.
I get frustrated if the kids are up past their bedtime because that backs my entire evening up. It’s all a well oiled machine, and if someone doesn’t cooperate it messes up the whole machine.
I put Dora on in the car to keep the kids awake if I think they will fall asleep and ruin naptime or bedtime.
My kids know way too much about way too many tv shows.
I always buy my kids 8 pairs of pajamas each so I don’t have to do their laundry more than once a week.
There are certain clothes the kids are not allowed to wear out of the house because they HAVE to look cute every time we leave.
The kids’ baby books are still not filled out, and their first year scrapbook is only 70% done.
My kids HATE Green Egg and Ham. I have no clue why but they won’t listen to it. Emma will close the book on you and say “End.”
I have actually considered putting them in a baby pageant at the local fair or festival but can’t justify spending the money.
I’m constantly afraid that my kids aren’t going to know enough when they get to kindergarten, but I have decided that my kids are not autistic finally.
My daughter may go to kindergarten with a pacifier for her naptime.
I really need to make the kids use a fork and spoon more. They have the ability but it’s messier and I’m lazy. Add that to the things they’ll be doing in kindergarten- eating with their hands.
I love it that I’m Emma’s favorite person in the world but hate it when she cries when I leave in the morning, so I put her in her highchair, give her breakfast and a kiss and run out the door while she’s eating.
Ethan went through an “I hate mommy” phase for about 6 months but thankfully he’s out of it now and I get my kisses back.

4 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Hey Andrea, it's Heahther's friend, Jennifer. I just started a blog and found out about hers and now yours. Your posts are great!! I'm not feeling you on the Goodnight Moon, but that may be because we've read it every night since Jonathan was 4 months old and I could recite it backwards. I am, however, completely with you on the toys in every room and I totally second the PJs (in fact, I am going out tomorrow to buy more spring ones because I realized we are having a dangerous shortage!).

It's great to read about someone else who has the same sort of things running through their head! Maybe it's something that happened during law school...

Kimberly said...

-Steves HATES HATES Good Night Moon. He refuses to read it and when he does he skips over the "Good Night Nobody" page b/c he thinks it is dumb.
-I have a well oiled machine too. I've never allowed Sophie to stay up past her bedtime and I swear the main reason for that is b/c the 8 o'clock on belongs to ME!

Velma said...

I actually HID a book last week because I was so sick of reading it to my 4 year old. Heh - buh bye, Scooby Doo "Look and Find" book!

Wendy said...

Hi- I stumbled upon your blog through links of links, and had a great time reading through it! You are doing a great job with it, and it is a really fun blog!! I will be back to visit again!! Thanks for sharing!!!

 
Free blog template and graphic design by Design Eleven. Copyright 2008 and beyond.